Thread: Magician Lord MVS

New Challenger

Magician Lord MVS

Not identical to one on MVS scans, but close. Main diff being the printed part numbers on the chips.

Legit?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ikari Warrior

Looks legit to me. Only thing I see wrong in those pics is what you're doing to the poor label.
    Neo-Geo AES US #000003 | Neo-Geo MVS #55378008 | Neo-Geo CD US #71077345

Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    No more posts. Jibs wins internet for May 31.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.

Legit. Factory solder points on the back, right? AFAIK, Mag Lord boots do not exist.
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.

What they said.

Mayor of Southtown

What a clean ass board. Seriously, if you don't see a bunch of EPROMs in the games, it's not a boot. If you're in doubt, just peek through the slates and see if anything looks EPROMy or hand soldered. IF not, save the poor label, cause that game looks like it could have been in damn near perfect shape

Who am I kidding. Fuck the label! I do wonder what some people are looking at that makes them think these games are boots. I mean, what looks like a boot to you?

Not trying to call you out, just see a lot of people post what to me looks obviously like a good legit cart, but they question. Wondering if there was anything we all could do to spread the word of what to look for, better, cause... Yeah... That is legit as it comes.
    Last edited by RabbitTroop; 10-23-2015 at 07:38 PM.

Is this a legit Fatal Fury? I dare not to open the case nor shell to check the boards.......

image.jpeg

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.

No sunfade. Clearly a boot.

PS. Ban plz
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

New Challenger

Thanks for the input. Actually I did find out today that one of my other carts (SS5) is a boot. And yes, very obvious.

JammaNationX

They look different because they are Hitachi mask roms. SNK used around that time both Hitachi and Sharp mask roms and some times Toshiba.

Bead Banger

you guys with your labels, you sound like aseholes
    Slug 2 > Slug X

New Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitTroop View Post
    What a clean ass board. Seriously, if you don't see a bunch of EPROMs in the games, it's not a boot. If you're in doubt, just peek through the slates and see if anything looks EPROMy or hand soldered. IF not, save the poor label, cause that game looks like it could have been in damn near perfect shape

Who am I kidding. Fuck the label! I do wonder what some people are looking at that makes them think these games are boots. I mean, what looks like a boot to you?

Not trying to call you out, just see a lot of people post what to me looks obviously like a good legit cart, but they question. Wondering if there was anything we all could do to spread the word of what to look for, better, cause... Yeah... That is legit as it comes.
    Yeah, after seeing a couple boots now you're right it is obvious. I just started collecting for MVS so I was pretty ignorant about it. I was under the impression that the boots were hard to detect because they have a website dedicated to it (mvs-scans.com). But you really don't need that website once you see how easy it is to spot a boot.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

New Challenger

Thanks for that xsq, good info. Luckily the label on that cart I opened only has a small crease, barely noticeable. But from now on I'll do it the proper way.

Thread Information