Second video output cps2

LewiesFat

n00b
Is there any way I can split my cps2 video out to a rgb, composite, vga, or hdmi? I have been to a barcade where they broadcast street fighter II on a big screen while i was playing the cabinet. I would love to stream directly from my cabinet. I already have a capture card. is there some sort of adapter card i could hook up? :scratch::scratch:

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
You should be able to tap the RGB either just before the monitor input with a makeshift Y cable depending on your cabinet. 2nd option would be to tap it from the Jamma edge. I'd prefer the first option just because I can leave my cab wiring stock since I made a fitting "Y" cable and can make RGB adjustments for the secondary feed without impacting my cab.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
My Atlas adapter has audio/video breakout with complete JAMMA passthrough. You would just take those raw signals and convert them as you like.

LewiesFat

n00b
You should be able to tap the RGB either just before the monitor input with a makeshift Y cable depending on your cabinet. 2nd option would be to tap it from the Jamma edge. I'd prefer the first option just because I can leave my cab wiring stock since I made a fitting "Y" cable and can make RGB adjustments for the secondary feed without impacting my cab.
do you have a photo example? it would be greatly appreciated.

LewiesFat

n00b
Really? You wouldn't want a simple inline solution. That's fine.

man i am very inexperienced with this stuff, ive only worked on pcs and this is my second cab. if you could show me a solution that works and i can understand it i would be very thankful.

LewiesFat

n00b
My Atlas adapter has audio/video breakout with complete JAMMA passthrough. You would just take those raw signals and convert them as you like.
I checked your site! i looked at the adapter, i like that it is pass through. how would i hook up a composite cable or a s-video cable to the atlas?

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
I checked your site! i looked at the adapter, i like that it is pass through. how would i hook up a composite cable or a s-video cable to the atlas?

You'd need something like a JROK Encoder: http://www.jrok.com/hardware/RGB.html

It's easy, just hook the RGB outputs up to it, and hook up 5v to it (grab the 5v from the JAMMA edge), and then from there it outputs composite, s-video and component.

There are probably other encoder choices out there too.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I also sell RGB to NTSC encoders, so if you need one of those as well just shoot me a PM. I can make you a harness to plug right in as well.

Yeah, most places use something like a JROK encoder (component, composite,s-video) Wei-ya CV-06 (model number?, composite, s-video) GBS 82xx series (VGA).

IIRC jammaboards, before it went down had a video adapter for HDMI too, but it was crazy expensive. It was just better to use another adapter and get an upscaler.

Basically add a supergun component to your arcade cabinet and plug it into a TV. Fighting game tournaments do that for their streams too.

I'm jealous of the europeans, they have it easy. Just wire up to a SCART and good to go.

Last edited: