Thread: Omega CMVS scart cable.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Omega CMVS scart cable.

Is the Genny2 cable the same as the Omega cable? I accidentally plugged in my genny2 cable today and it worked fine. Just want to know if its ok to do so.

If it is then I'm wondering if the hdretrovision component cable would work as well.

Who?

If the pinout is the same, there should be not problems. But just remeber that genny scart cables use 75 ohm resistors + 220uF caps, so you might get a slightly darker image.

Mr Square Eyes.

As I recall the Omega video output is designed to have the same pinout as the Genny 2 cable.

I've no idea if the HDRetrovision Genny 2 component cable will work with an Omega. It might if you left the Omega on it's RGB setting, but I wouldn't try it until I got confirmation from Quan about how that would go. But why would you buy one of those when you can get the proper component video cable from Arcade Works for much, much less than the HDRetrovision cable? https://www.arcadeworks.net/hardware...omponent-cable

[Rot] 2:38 am: Z'OMG... ANYTHING... is cool in 15/70... even GregN home movies

Vice's Love Slave

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    Is the Genny2 cable the same as the Omega cable? I accidentally plugged in my genny2 cable today and it worked fine. Just want to know if its ok to do so.

If it is then I'm wondering if the hdretrovision component cable would work as well.
    It's similar in terms of what signals come out of each pin but differ electrically. As Atro said, the genny2 scart cable has the cap and resistor combo in the cable while in the omega those parts are in the system. It'll work but result in a darker picture. What I normally tell people is that if you're in a pinch, you can use a genny2 composite stereo cable as those sets of pins are unmodified compared to a genny2. The remaining pins were modified in some form to accommodate s-video and component output.

The hdretrovision cable won't work with the omega since the cable needs +5v to operate while the omega puts out +12v to ensure that 4:3 aspect ratio is enabled by default on scart televisions. The omega also natively outputs component so all you would need is the cable that bubz linked to.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkn55 View Post
    It's similar in terms of what signals come out of each pin but differ electrically. As Atro said, the genny2 scart cable has the cap and resistor combo in the cable while in the omega those parts are in the system. It'll work but result in a darker picture. What I normally tell people is that if you're in a pinch, you can use a genny2 composite stereo cable as those sets of pins are unmodified compared to a genny2. The remaining pins were modified in some form to accommodate s-video and component output.

The hdretrovision cable won't work with the omega since the cable needs +5v to operate while the omega puts out +12v to ensure that 4:3 aspect ratio is enabled by default on scart televisions. The omega also natively outputs component so all you would need is the cable that bubz linked to.
    Thanks Quan. Yea, I already have a omega scart cable and I'm planning on ordering a component cable from your website. Was just curious, that's all.

Thread Information