Capcom VS SNK

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I finally bought a Dreamcast and its like my fav thing

Obviously I'm on an obsessive quest to unlock Morrigan. I've beaten the game with all of the available Capcom characters and their EX versions are available. I know I have to purchase all of these before I can get Morrigan, but do I have to purchase them before her shadow is purchasable from the shop cuz I don't see her shadow there yet. Also there's some varying claims of prerequisites I'd like to clear up. Most general guides claim that as long as I bought her shadow and have 60 groove points by the 3rd match, she will appear and something about having no game over continues. However this guide says:
you can loose a round. You need at least 4 super combo finishes.

Any clarification? Thanks

edit: looks like i missed unlocking Guile's EX even tho i def should have >:( that might explain why i can't unlock the shadow

Last edited:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
DL the VMU cd & transfer all the unlockables to your vmu?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Great game, great backgrounds, great everything, in some ways I like it better than CVS2 'cause the button layout and the simplicity of it, I play it 4 buttons on a row though, so I dunno, I'm sure everyone has their preferences. Incidentally CVS Pro is well worth getting, it's cheap enough and it's just as good! I like it when you unlock the Ratio options, it's awesome!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
same here, there's just something about CVS1 that i like more than the second game.backgrounds and button layout is certainly on the list.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
CvS1 got me back into video games. I was so burnt out in the late 90s that I pretty much gave them up. Then I started working at some shitty retail store in late 2000, and I saw CvS on the cover of a game magazine as I was walking out. I almost couldn't believe my eyes, and had to check just to be sure it wasn't some gag. When I saw it was real, I blew my first paycheck on a Dreamcast, CvS, and a memory card. My girlfriend was so fucking angry with me, but I didn't care. I vividly remember trying to explain how awesome it was that Ryu could fight Kyo, or Terry could fight Ken, and I was met with a look that I'll never forget. I gave zero shits, and played the fuck out of it for weeks. I also remember being amazed that there was zero loading on the Dreamcast (which was a big problem I had with disc-based consoles in the 90s), so I went out and picked up all the SNK and Capcom fighters I could. The arcade was really at home this time, as far as I was concerned.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I will admit, I haven't gamed this hard in a while. I guess there's really something about going out and buying a console and a game.

Groove Point System is pretty fucking annoying though

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I finally bought a Dreamcast and its like my fav thing

Obviously I'm on an obsessive quest to unlock Morrigan. I've beaten the game with all of the available Capcom characters and their EX versions are available. I know I have to purchase all of these before I can get Morrigan, but do I have to purchase them before her shadow is purchasable from the shop cuz I don't see her shadow there yet. Also there's some varying claims of prerequisites I'd like to clear up. Most general guides claim that as long as I bought her shadow and have 60 groove points by the 3rd match, she will appear and something about having no game over continues. However this guide says:

Any clarification? Thanks

edit: looks like i missed unlocking Guile's EX even tho i def should have >:( that might explain why i can't unlock the shadow

I don't remember having to do any of that, but it was like 14 years ago.

Honestly, you will be disappointed. Morrigan is the same sprite as in Darkstalkers. While other characters got upgraded, she was neglected, almost shoehorned into the game.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I don't remember having to do any of that, but it was like 14 years ago.

Honestly, you will be disappointed. Morrigan is the same sprite as in Darkstalkers. While other characters got upgraded, she was neglected, almost shoehorned into the game.
Oh yeah I know, but I require it, hehe