RetroTechRewind Neo Geo collection and other consoles!

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
Hello all!

I'm fairly new to this forum, and wanted to somewhat introduce myself. I've been collecting for years, but recently downsized (de-fluffed) my collection. I was on a few-year hiatus on major collecting back in college, but I've been at it full time for the past few years.

I mostly like to collect consoles/hardware. As far as games go, I mainly collect Neo Geo and TurboGrafx 16/PC Engine. I also enjoy fixing game systems, and doing mods on said game systems.

I do both on Instagram under the name @Retro_Tech_Rewind. I'm actually an Electronics Engineer by profession, so repair work and modding is a hobby of mine in my spare time when I'm home from work. I used to work in an arcade for a few years repairing machines and game boards. So if you need help or some insight on repairs to your Neo Geo stuff, or any other games/arcades, feel free to ask! Now, I design circuit boards and other equipment for a state department. I love doing what I do, and it keeps me busy!

Anyway, here's my collection so far. Questions/Suggestions for Organization/Insults are welcome of course :lolz:

*Update* My AES Gold System! My holy grail of boxed consoles!
IMG_3843.JPG
IMG_3778.JPG
IMG_3784.JPG
IMG_3798.JPGIMG_3792.JPG
IMG_3787.JPGIMG_3788.JPGIMG_3812.JPGIMG_3843.JPG

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Tidy stuff, I like it.

What's with the special needs dribble proof joystick on top of the dreamcast?

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
Tidy stuff, I like it.

What's with the special needs dribble proof joystick on top of the dreamcast?

Thanks!

Also, that is something I threw together with some spare arcade parts. It's a "portable multicade." Has two sets of six-button controls, built in speakers, and VGA out. Uses a standard power cable, with the power supply inside the unit. Plug it into a monitor and you get an arcade machine of sorts. Its one of those 78-in-1 game boards or something, I forget the number. Made the outside out of wood, leather, and some old t-molding etc. It was a fun little project :D

Attachments

• IMG_3799.JPG
    IMG_3799.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_3800.JPG
    IMG_3800.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 498

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Very nice stuff.
2 neo cabs, DC kiosk, Mountain Dew Xbox, LaserActive, Vectrex, TG Express, Nomad, Import stuff.
I like it

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Nice collection and set up! Plenty of retro stuff in the mix. My only suggestion is don't put those MVS carts on the top of the 2-slot cab.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Awesome collection indeed. I also agree wholeheartedly with kitkit.com. Accidents are bound to happen that way.

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
Awesome collection indeed. I also agree wholeheartedly with kitkit.com. Accidents are bound to happen that way.

You guys are right. I just didn't have a set place to put them. I ended up moving them to the shelf on the right for the time being. I'm going to put in a small wall shelf thing I found that fits MVS carts nicely. I'll post a pic perhaps when I finish it.

And thanks for the kind words friends!

Last edited:

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
You've got some awesome stuff in there. Nice cabs and I love the dreamcast kiosk. I've always wanted one of those.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
It's very refreshing to see someone who appreciates Atari, Intellivision, and other pre-Nintendo stuff.

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
How much play does the Loopy get?

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
How much play does the Loopy get?

Weekends and holidays mostly. I wish I had more time to print stickers of dogs like I used to, but sadly I just don't. :D I'm surprised you recognized that. People rarely do.

You've got some awesome stuff in there. Nice cabs and I love the dreamcast kiosk. I've always wanted one of those.

Thanks! If you're interested, I actually have a second top half in my attic. It's literally brand new, still wrapped in plastic. Buddy of mine found 10 of them in a scrap yard still in their shipping boxes with the demo consoles and copies of the Sonic Adventure game etc. Let me know if you'd possibly want that. :glee:

And thank you for all the kind words everyone. My MVS games are safe now, still haven't made the small shelf thing for them yet. Perhaps this weekend.

My cabs are the jewels of my collection. I got the 2 slot in pretty nice shape, so I only had to clean it up and replace the t-molding. The 4 slot however, needed quite a bit. I had to repair damage to the board, replace the battery, replace the VRAM, repair the chassis, and replace the tube. Plus a list of other details. It was a labor of love getting it restored. I still have some stuff left to do though. Would really like to get the ELA panels working. Right now only panel 1 and 3 work. Strange...

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Insults are welcome of course
tumblr_m728kdrGA51rsy50k.gif

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
Boxed Vectrex = want. Even a mattel aquarius hiding in there. Nice collection bud.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
very nice collection there man. loving the 2 big reds! my buddy has the same dreamcast kiosk. very awesome

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks for all the kind words everyone! I have 2 other cabinets that I want to move in, but I'm moving to my new house in the spring, so I haven't lugged them up stairs into the game room yet.