Balding?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I use finasteride (Propecia) and minoxidil (Rogaine) daily and it seems to be keeping most of the hair in, but you have to start while you still have most of it, and continue for as long as you want to keep the hair.

I think it's important to use both, as the minoxidil regrows some thin hairs, while the finasteride keeps any more from falling out.

P.S. even generic finasteride is expensive. Every month I'm forced to choose between losing my hair and paying another $60.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I use finasteride (Propecia) and minoxidil (Rogaine) daily and it seems to be keeping most of the hair in, but you have to start while you still have most of it, and continue for as long as you want to keep the hair.

I think it's important to use both, as the minoxidil regrows some thin hairs, while the finasteride keeps any more from falling out.

P.S. even generic finasteride is expensive. Every month I'm forced to choose between losing my hair and paying another $60.

You're wasting your time with all that junk. It's a big scare tactic to make you keep using it because "once you stop you will lose whatever you gained!!!"

I had a crisis of confidence when I was in my early 20's. Started losing a bit of hair and thought shit, it's all going to fall out. I started using that rogaine and all it did was make my head itchy. Sometimes the itchy got so bad I had to scratch it and then I would have clumps of white shit in my hair that looked like Godzilla dandruff. Fucked it off and my hair got better.

15 years later I still have my hair. I'm not bald, no one has ever commented on my hair being thin, hair line receeded a bit but looks fine. Normal mid 30's nobody. By this age if you can't be comfortable in your own skin you have bigger problems than hair loss.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

20 Year Member

Have your doctor change your prescription to ProScar. It's finasteride but marketed for prostate. It's $5 refill vs $60. Cut 5mg pill in half, and you have your Procepia.
You'lll need to have a cool doctor though. Helps to be over 40 based on my last shitty doctor, but my current one was fine with it.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
You're wasting your time with all that junk. It's a big scare tactic to make you keep using it because "once you stop you will lose whatever you gained!!!"

I had a crisis of confidence when I was in my early 20's. Started losing a bit of hair and thought shit, it's all going to fall out. I started using that rogaine and all it did was make my head itchy. Sometimes the itchy got so bad I had to scratch it and then I would have clumps of white shit in my hair that looked like Godzilla dandruff. Fucked it off and my hair got better.

15 years later I still have my hair. I'm not bald, no one has ever commented on my hair being thin, hair line receeded a bit but looks fine. Normal mid 30's nobody. By this age if you can't be comfortable in your own skin you have bigger problems than hair loss.
I have a weird shaped head that I don't think looks good shaved.

I use shampoo for dry scalp and I'm fine with it. My brother finds he has to use the foam version or it's itchy. I'm used to it.

Baldness runs in my family and my other brother who doesn't use the meds looks like Larry from the Three Stooges.

Have your doctor change your prescription to ProScar. It's finasteride but marketed for prostate. It's $5 refill vs $60. Cut 5mg pill in half, and you have your Procepia.
You'lll need to have a cool doctor though. Helps to be over 40 based on my last shitty doctor, but my current one was fine with it.
Good advice. I'll have to try.

Judging from the OP's photos, if he wants to keep his hair, he may want to start a prescription regimen now.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I'm 50 and i still got a mop, run's in the family, both my brothers are the same.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Balding runs in my family. I'm 27 so I don't show signs of it yet, but from my jobs and upcoming deployment im sure to get some thinning out, if not adding to the white hairs I already have lol

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
Started getting a receding hairline in my mid 20's, so I bought a pair of clippers and just buzzed it. Be careful with those hair growth medications. In my mid 20's I went to see the same dermatologist I went to in my teen years when I had bad acne. It was for something unrelated to hair, and he took one look at me and said the obvious so...it looks like your losing your hair and suggested I tried propecia. He gave me some samples and I went home and read the literature on it and it's some crazy stuff. It said something to the effect of don't let pregnant women handle the pills and a bunch of other crazy do's and don'ts. After that I chucked those pills in the trash. I'm fine with going bald and I'm fine with going gray. It's just in my genetics and I've been buzzing my hair since 2005 and have no intention of growing it out again.

Last edited:

ChrisB

Another Striker
Just shave it off mate, im 37 had a thick head of hair up to 25, then gradually it went so I shave it, grade 1 with the clippers. Chicks dont care, you still get "laid" when you want too, sure some say they want man with hair bollocks load of rubbish and the ones that wont give you time of day there not worth it anyway.
My dad however is 73 this year has full head of hair :)

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Thanks to the estrogen pills I take daily, I shall never go bald.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
It's probably been mentioned before, but 2% Nizoral Shampoo has worked for me to keep what I have. Not much hair regrowth, but I don't have much of any hairfall anymore.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I started losing my hair ~24, a couple years later i decided to shave my head to a fuzz before going to a birthday party for a family friend's kid.
upon leaving with my friend I was informed that my new look was "suddenly and drastically hotter" according to a few of the moms.

additionally, It's not soooooo much the fact that hair loss is unattractive, I still got laid before shaving my head and growing a beard.
It's more the confidence I think, these days I just don't give a fuck, and women pick up on that.

related -

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
What I'm getting from this thread is that going bald is like getting into an outdoor pool in questionable weather. Just jump the fuck in and deal with it for three seconds and you'll pretty much forget about it straight after.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
About to hit 31 soon with no signs of balding.
Got gray hair starting to pop up but if it gets bad I could always dye my hair.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
About to hit 31 soon with no signs of balding.
Got gray hair starting to pop up but if it gets bad I could always dye my hair.

my gf has so many grey hairs already and she's only 24

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
Don't know what you guys are talking bout, but that kimbo slice joint is on point. It's not about getting laid as much as it's about the caliber of chicks that you are knocking down. Anyone can get laid.