Balding?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
My older brother is a big fan of propecia, or rather the more generic form called Proscar.
you really need to start using treatments before all your hair is gone. I don't have a bald spot forming, but I do have a rather receding hairline.

Anyone actually try the medication route?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
My older brother is a big fan of propecia, or rather the more generic form called Proscar.
you really need to start using treatments before all your hair is gone. I don't have a bald spot forming, but I do have a rather receding hairline.

Anyone actually try the medication route?

Perhaps I'm dumb...but I'm not going to fight it. If I bald, I bald. Dropping big $$ on drugs that may or may not work is not something I really want to try. There just isn't enough info available on what these drugs can do to you...I take enough medications for allergy/heartburn as it is, I don't want any more.

The great thing is that this is 2015, not 1965. Being bald is no longer considered negative in society's eyes.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I think I mostly agree, which is why I haven't had any treatment.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I think I mostly agree, which is why I haven't had any treatment.

On top of that...it's far easier to be bald, truth be told. My buddy threw in the towel a few years ago and his life is much easier.

With my current "training" and work schedule...being bald would be much easier. Wearing a cycling helmet, swimming, running...are a far more comfortable to do without hair. When I get off of work and want to run/cycle/etc...I need to wash my hair first or else I sweat like a fiend and the hair products end up in my eyes...

Add in the fact that I do my hair for work...it freaking sucks in the winter. My buddy can just pop on a stocking cap when he goes outside, I can't. Going out to site and need a hard hat? For him...not big deal. For me, my hair is all fucked up for the rest of the day.

Now...I'm not saying I want to go bald, because I don't. I'm just saying it isn't all that horrible...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Agent 47... Hitman Te!

DSCF3708_zpskhnybj0d.jpg

DSCF3707_zpsss2lmi3x.jpg

DSCF3709_zpsnyxv78or.jpg

xROTx

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
Thread over and out. What a conclusion. This should be all you ever need. Buzz that shit and aspire to look even half as bad ass as Rot.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rot just needs a big gauntlet and he'd totally pass for Seiger.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rot was great in this film, made back when he had hair:

Picture3 (Custom).png

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Original poster, your hair looks fine. LEAVE IT ALONE When you start obsessing over hair, you will literally do more damage that way to it.
Shampoo and conditioner is BULLSH8T that fellas don't need because what happens is, that sh8t softens your hair and you pull it out prematurely with a comb.
BB

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
You people who care have succomed to the shame of life.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
My hair line is receeding, it's falling out... so what? I never really got peoples' obsession with hair.

And if you don't have enough useable hair anymore, Master Rot Yu-Te shows you how it's done...

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
It's funny...I really do not know much about balding, but if what I understand is correct, it is testosterone that causes it.

When I began working out heavily around 2012 (age 35)...my hair started thinning. Before that? Zip. Thick and luxurious. Since then, my hair has been thinning at a fairly rapid rate in the front. We'll see where it goes, but if it doesn't slow, I should have an extra 2" of forehead by the time I'm 45.

I am pretty sure balding is a genetic thing, meaning that other factors can play into it but the genes are the largest part. I seem to remember being told it is on the X chromosome, so it's carried by your mother. Look at your mother's brothers if you want to see what your hair will look like.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I am pretty sure balding is a genetic thing, meaning that other factors can play into it but the genes are the largest part. I seem to remember being told it is on the X chromosome, so it's carried by your mother. Look at your mother's brothers if you want to see what your hair will look like.

Yeah...I'm pretty "in the dark" when it comes to that. My blood grandfather died when my mother was 9 (my mother has 3 sisters and no brothers). my dad's father was born in 1898...seriously. He passed in the early 70's...I've seen one picture of him in 1952 holding my infant father...hard telling if he had thinning hair. It didn't look like it and he would have been 54 at the time. My dad and his brother have thin hair, but aren't bald.

So...long story short, it's hard telling.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm thinning out just a little at the front giving me kind of a badass widows peak. If it stays like that I'll be happy. I'm 32 and this is all so far. It has made me a bit paranoid but I'm pretty much over it. If all the front hair falls out I'll just look like a kung fu guy.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm an old fuck at 38 and so far it's thick as hell. I don't think it's gonna fall out, and I wonder if it has anything to do with me going grey so early in life.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
From a man that looks real good, even if Karou's pics of me tell you otherwise...

So, first off I have to say that HDRChump not showing face on any of the pics is disappointing, fucking shyster is too fugly or too pretty one or the other...lol.

Secondly, a shaved head is cool, but there's more ways than one to keep your bald head looking good. Remember that the best thing to do is not to lie to yourself when you look in the mirror, the comb-over is a no-no that much is well known. Fake hair is also a big no-no, be mindful of that, spray, tope, wigs, implants, just no.

It is a fact that all them medicinal treatments for balding damage your hair greatly, so even if it works for you (which is unlikely) your hair feels like it's a brillo pad, its texture its hideous and no woman would want to ever touch your hair or head for that matter, so please avoid that look at all cost, it's pretty close to disgusting, really.

Now, let's look at a few good looking bald men.
tumblr_inline_ncueubSMds1r25ej3.jpg

He's so fly that you don't even remember him when he had hair, it's all in the confidence and of course a clean buzz cut, no riff raff, no bullshit, however the facial hair is a big help as it brings everything together, so if you have the facial hair and are balding then this is your ticket. I know Wasabi tried it, dunno if it panned out though, maybe yes? Pics please! Charles is a good looking guy but he did the comb straight back and it really wasn't helping, then he did the Chev Chelios thing and it seemed to have worked.

20130618-133827.jpg

Here's another similar style but notice the way more pronounced baldness but still looking good, confident. The thing is that lately this guy decided to shave close the top and keep the facial hair shadow and it's too hard of a contrast, this look is so much better but hey, whatevs, confidence sells the ticket no matter what.

george-carlin.jpg

My man GC, the god damn fucking man. You know it so let's talk about it. He's older than all of us put together in that pic, I get that but notice the no bullshit cut, no riff raff, no stupidness, not super buzz cut, not super short but short enough and very distinguished. Notice also facial hair matches the dome.

73519-ed-harris-637x0-1.jpg

My favorite bald man of all, always liked his look, since I was a kid, he just looked right bald, perfect. Secret of the Abyss, need I say anything more? Nonsense!

When balding clean cut always wins.

120224044746-vladimir-putin-horse-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

I know, I know, it's a comb-over, but hey, it's not a comb-over that's pretending to be something else, it's short, clearly not hiding anything and thus is passable but he can pull it off 'cause he's the god damn man, so this might not be for you.

So there it is gaiz, keep it together and be fly.

Me, I used to have really long hair, so awesome that women would either paid complements or gave me the evil eye while their frizz ball stood defiant. It's just luck anyway, so it had to end, once I notice my partition became more pronounced I dropped it, cut it off before I started looking like one of them long hair duffus in denial of their baldness. I still have plenty of hair but it's definitely thinning, I shaved it completely first, it was traumatic, over 15 years with long hair is kind of rough to just let it go, then I went for a buzz cut but my facial hair leaves a lot to be desired so I went for a short clean look. I asked my GF if I should go buzz cut again, keep the bad boy look but I don't mind looking like a boy scout, it's a nice change of pace and she digs it.

From George Carlin's stand ups...or at least what I can recall in my own words..."Stop looking like a circumcised dick and let nature run its course" However gaylords, don't forget to keep it clean, getting old is not a bad thing, women always envy us 'cause they think we look more distinguished, so don't throw that card out of the park and work with it.

BTW...you're welcome!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
That's the problem with me though, i have too much of a babyface w/ big ears...Also cant grow a proper facial hair. So shave head wont look right on me, like those guys above. I would have to pack in a lot of muscle, get a tat, & put coffee ground all over my face.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
what can you do? Take care of yourself so that you aren't a fat slob, have a good job, and have some self-confidence. Those are things that you can (and should) control.
Jibbz gets it

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
I'm balding aswell there goes my dream of being a hotter tranny than Sylvie and Poison Sama.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Shave it,

Long hair is out. Chicks dig shaved heads.

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF. If I met ElectricGrave in person when he had his long hair, there's a chance I'd be infatuated. A chance, okay. Not anymore. UHuh.