Legend of Legacy 3DS

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Anybody pick this up? Seems more like a SaGa game than anything. Pretty difficult. The Demo sold me on it.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Tried the demo, didn't like it and gave up on it. While I get the frequent comparisons to SaGa, there's very little story compared to the SaGa games I've played. The biggest offense for me was the presence of too much hidden information. I started as the frog guy who comes with a girl and another guy. Well the girl is equipped with a healing item and the guy has a bow. After doing some reading online, turns out the guy is actually the better healer (e.g. heals about twice as much HP as the girl using the same item) and the guy isn't particularly good with the bow. None of this is explained or exposed in game or in the manual. That's the kind of shit I just don't have time for at my age. Given the SaGa-like leveling mechanics, I guess you'd be fine not knowing this and just building your dudes as you see fit, but still.

The music is tits though and I've been rocking the OST since it came out in Japan. Glad the game came out here even if I don't buy it myself; hopefully it does well enough the team gets a larger budget for a sequel.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I liked the demo, but it was deceptive; I'm not much for the SaGa games myself. I'm selling it on ebay right now.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
I looked at this game and debated getting it because the first run edition looks amazing, but decided against it since the gamplay was not really my kind of thing.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Looks atrocious. Reviews have been horrible as well. Easy to skip this one.