Nfl Blitz 2000 in a neo geo

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
Hey I was wondering what is the easiest way to get power to the hard drive so I can play this in my big red. I'm kind of a noob when it comes to power supply and wiring it. Thanks.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Now is the time to learn. A hard drive usually requires +12v and +5v and two Ground pins. You will need to tap into the 5 and 12 volt lines coming from your power supply. The hard drive is from 2000 or thereabouts considering the game title so It will definitely be a molex 4-pin type PC connector for power. You could sacrifice an old HDD power connector and leads from an old PC power supply, then you can wire that up to your power supply.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Football Frenzy > NFL Blitz 2K

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
What lachlan said. Also, ditch the hdd and grab one of those compact flash card replacements. They're pretty cheap.

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
I saw those, they are like 55 for 2k is it that much of a improvement? Also I saw in a few videos that people had plug it in to a 4 pin molex that is on the board itself is that really a viable option?

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
The flash card just eliminates the possibility of the hard drive failing and takes up less space. From the boards I've seen, the hard drive or flash card interface is powered from the connector near the jamma edge or directly from the power supply. It doesn't matter where the power comes from as long as it gets to your hard drive.

You'll also need to set some dip switches to use the 8 way sticks in your big red.

Last edited:

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
Yeah I found the list of dip switches, can't find the manual at all for this game online.

I'm going to try the molex connector on the board first otherwise I'll hook it in to power source but while I have done people who know what they're are talking about anybody have experience with those 2 in 1 jamma switches. Because I have room in this mk2 I just picked up and currently restoring and was wondering if that was a option. Also the jamma extension cords are they reliable? Thanks.

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
Well nevermind, I wanted to test the board to see if it worked and it seems the power transistor blew and started to smoke less than a minute in so I think this board might be done.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Well nevermind, I wanted to test the board to see if it worked and it seems the power transistor blew and started to smoke less than a minute in so I think this board might be done.

:( sad to hear. Oh well serves you right for not using an MVS board. The big red has feelings you know. ;)