The possibility of Adding games to an Arcade legends 2 or 3 cabinet. with pictures of the.

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
So the short and sweet, I'm currently deployed and our MWR space on our compound has one of these machines. The Arcade legends from Chicago Gaming company. I want to know what the chances are that I can add some game to this. Nothing crazy maybe some fighters mainly. I'm imagining it's using some sort of MAME so I have to know. Is there any luck for me on this?

Last edited:

LewiesFat

n00b
I'm not 100 percent sure, but that could be a multi-game pcb Which means you can't add games. But if you find someone with the keys to open it. Take a picture of the inside and post it

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Chances of adding games are good. You buy them from the Chicago gaming website and they send you the upgrade packs. It's not running straight mame and the games are licensed so it's not a bootleg thing, you could try editing it yourself to run games but I don't think it's very simple as they are actively selling games for this system and its setup to keep dirty pirates out. Your not a pirate Arrrrrrrrrre you?

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
I'm Still working on finding the keys, I've gone through about about 50 so far haha.

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
So all this time I could have had pictures, everything is under the control panel thats secured with two Phillips screws. I found this out after getting the lock drilled....there was a spare key too. So there's a small usb dongle which I'm assuming has everything on it, I'm not keen on plugging it into my laptop incase it's set to auto run something to wipe it or alter a file. I will however hook a usb keyboard and mouse up to it and try to get it to quit out of the "program" if it is and see if I can see a file structure.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Looks like you would just need to make some adapters if you want to put in some JAMMA 31khz games. If you want to use 15khz games then you would probably need a VGA to CGA converter.

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
It's a simple set up. I'm kinda thinking of a xxxx in one type of board. I'll try to get a better picture of the whole rig. Anything is better than the 60 games on the usb like 20 are golden tee......

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
So I found this http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=143613.0. Answers pretty much most of my questions. I'm not going to ask for a decent tutorial for a bootable mame USB because I know that's frowned upon same with ROMs. If one fell into my PMs I wouldn't be upset however haha. Having to get google to translate the link preview from arabic to english is a pain, but if I can get some better games on that cabinet the leg work is worth it.

Last edited:

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
ok so its imaged. I'm trying to get a copy of free BSD to look at the contents. or unless someone else wants to tackle this with me. Ideally I'd like to be able to create an identical image with more games on it. ya know SF other CPS2, neo-geo stuffs. get rid of all the golden tee. So PM me. My internet is crap so I'll have to find a solid connection with some speed to upload the .img if you're willing to help out