Axelay on Super Nintendo

Loserhoss

n00b
Has anyone ever played Axelay on Snes? It's one of the best shooters I have ever played. It had a sweet soundtrack and both vertical and horizontal scrolling levels. It also had some intense visuals, at least for Snes graphics. I recommend it to anyone who has a Snes, it's konami's best game in my opinion.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I remember the ending says "See you in Axelay 2", well...........fuck Konami

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
A better question would be, who visits this particular subforum and hasn't played Axelay on SNES?

Yeah i agree with jeneki lol, chances are if your on this subforum a lot you'll know this game very well, only gripe i got with the game, it's too easy.
Lot's of Plus's though, boss's look great, my fav is the molten man and the spider on the first level, music is mint sweet tracks for every level, also love how you get the 3 weapons at the start of the level so no powering up, show's what konami can do when they get it right.
One of my fav shooters on the snes the other two i play a lot are super aleste and earth defence force there are others but these are my trinity of snes shooters that i keep coming back too.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
the visuals of Axelay is what does it for me.love some of the effects. definitely in the top five snes shooters,right up there with R Type 3.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
yep this game is awesome and easily a top 5 shmup on the SNES it is a must play.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Has anyone ever played Axelay on Snes? It's one of the best shooters I have ever played. It had a sweet soundtrack and both vertical and horizontal scrolling levels. It also had some intense visuals, at least for Snes graphics. I recommend it to anyone who has a Snes, it's konami's best game in my opinion.

No I have only played Axelay on Japan playstation.

Did not know super nintendo version exists.

I trust your recommendation, thanks.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think loser here is trying to...whatamacallit?! Oh yes...participating...smooth...real smooth...

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I appreciate the Axelay mention as I never did much schmup'ing on the SNES. Played it a bit tonight, thanks.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
remember that girl that was buying random famicom carts and posting pics of them not knowing what they were and telling us how much she loved buying the games for her pretty shelves and not playing them much 'cause she couldn't play them?...yeah...participating!

Hey OP, tell me about your favorite shrump for every console, there can only be one per console! Illuminate me, I'm ready for the flash flood!

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
...but where's the fun in that?

Edit: I'm just trying to have some fun and bash on you, don't reply to my bashes if you don't like them...lol

Edit # 2: I still don't understand why you have 6 choices when you ask for 5 and why in hell morph? Why? He sucks! Maybe this is a reflection of things to come from loserhoss...morph sucks = loserhoss 6th choice = future leech?...ok maybe not, well...only time will tell...

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Dont reply to my threads if you dont like what I post. Just trying to have fun and talk about games with people.

Spend 8 or 10 minutes browsing the subform before making an ignorant, baseless, corny ass post that only a total novice would find insightful.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It's Konami's best game gh3yz!!!

I bet you sound just like Michael Cole...I can feel it...total suckage...lol

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I bet the OP thinks Hyperzone is the SNES 2nd best game ever!!!

Oh what a great thread, I mean it, it's bringing us togetha...tu da chopha!!!!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
What?! Didn't you know?! There's this shrump SNES game called AXELAEE...it's awesome...Konami's greatest achievement ever!!! A tribute to all things mode 7....

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
'Hey guys let me tell YOU something. Now you see, the SNES is a system in which everyone says has bad shooting games. Now, they haven't even played most of them or know how to play the ones they've tried, but it's a safe bet to agree that almost all of them are bad. WELL, there is this one game on the system called Axelay. It's the only game in the genre on the system people know and like. I'm telling YOU to go play it."

fool : "oh yes I do not know snes "schmup'ing" as I am ignorant as I never bothered to read any post anyone else has ever made, but I am acknowleging yours and will reinforce your ignorance".

I like hyperzone though, woooo

Last edited: