Lost HNG64 Games?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
With my assumption in the Viewpoint 2064 thread thinking it was possibly for the HNG64, it made me wonder. Was there any other planned games for the HNG64? Perhaps there were pics in magazines for other games?

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
I never came accross any possible protos or unreleased game. Just the seven known releases (unfortunately). But well, especially the racing game are hard to come by nevertheless.

The only thing that might be interesting is that Buriki One was planned as an Art of Fighting sequel IIRC, hence the inclusion of Ryo.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The only thing that might be interesting is that Buriki One was planned as an Art of Fighting sequel IIRC, hence the inclusion of Ryo.

It's indeed interesting, but was never officially confirmed, was it? I mean, what a downgrade...

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
None of my NGF mags have ever shown any screen shots of unknown 64 games. I have always been curious what the 64s dev equipment looks like.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i think an art of fighting 64 would of been sweet.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I think fully fleshed out releases that utilized the hyper 2d capabilities of the Hyper, would've been outstanding.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
I always thought that good 2D graphics would have made more sense than bad 3D graphics.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I always thought that good 2D graphics would have made more sense than bad 3D graphics.

i think 2d graphics look better in general when it comes to fighter. i didn't give a shit when maximum impact was announced,i knew it was going to be bad before it even hit the shelves.but i was so hyped when i saw the screen shots for kof twelve.

good 2d never gets out dated,but 3d,no matter how good looks out dated as time passes imo.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Were there ever any HNG64 homebrew efforts?

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
Only things i ever read previously were mentions of the same above - AoF.

On another note, a unibios to play as Gandara would be nice :D

LlorensBlood

Mr. Big's Thug
With my assumption in the Viewpoint 2064 thread thinking it was possibly for the HNG64, it made me wonder. Was there any other planned games for the HNG64? Perhaps there were pics in magazines for other games?

Surfing the internet, I have read again and again that it was a game only for Nintendo 64 system... It was cancelled after its presentation on an event, don't remember the name, circa 1999.

I'm very interested on it, it's possible Sammy programmed two versions of the game, for HNG64 and N64?

If a primary "proto" or demo was presented (and cancelled) at 1999, it means that the task started at 1998... when HNG64 was alive.

Is there another reason for your suspicion?