should i invest in copic markers.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I had never heard of these before this thread. Having a daughter whom is very artistic - I was quite intrigued. We bought her a 12 pack for her birthday and she was blown away by the difference. She started doing a few drawings and posted her first YT video. She then took her own savings and bought a 36 pack as she was a bit limited w/the 12 pack. Another case of you get what you pay for. These are really cool - the feel in the hand; the storage cases they come in, the numbering system which tells you how well they blend w/other colors, the ability to push the ink across the page - just super super good stuff.

Shameless plug - here's her 3rd video:

Last edited:

lions3

Igniz's Servent
It's been years but once at a comic con I was talking to Adam Hughes and asked about his art processes. Obviously he used adult sites for finding fun female poses. BUT he used Copic markers for ALL of his shading. Just used the warm grey copic set. Then scanned the art and colored in photoshop.

check this basic google search of his name... almost everything is copic. :)

https://www.google.com/search?q=ada...IXMAhWB6SYKHXTDD0kQ_AUIBygB&biw=1748&bih=1320

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Yes, as mentioned. If you don't want to bootleg photoshop get paint tools SAI and a $50 Wacom.

Copic=$$$