Salutations

Valius

n00b
Hi everyone,

I figured I should make an introduction post. Although I'm primarily a rhythm gamer and (terrible) fighting game player, I wanted to know more about some of the games in the arcades I saw when I was younger. Things that I enjoyed were the Puzzle Bobble games and being awful at Metal Slug and Cosmo Gang. :p

A year ago, I recently obtained an MVS (surprisingly more affordable than I imagined) and now I have a multicart as well as actual copies of my favorite Puzzle Bobble games on both the MVS and the Taito F2. :) The multicart and general info on the Web has allowed me to discover games I never did see from the arcade including Last Blade 2 with its beautiful, beautiful spritework and the amazingly fun Magical Drop series... so much that I ended up getting the MVS cartridges for those games. :) Playing through random games... I'm so impressed at how amazing the spritework in NeoGeo games were. I miss that in many modern games... I work as a game developer, so it's fun discovering just how these arcade games managed to grab everyone with their design.

Anyway, I enjoy learning more about arcade boards as a whole, so I tend to lurk the tech section for information. Hope to see some of you around!

Last edited:

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Welcome!

And yeah, the Neo Geo library has a lot of nice games, with your multicart you'll be able to play a lot of them and then buy the ones you like most.

Elder

NEST Puppet
Welcome to the boards, and the greater Neo Geo community as a whole :)

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Climb abroad.

whats that supposed to mean?
who put you in charge?
why can't he just stay?
and why climb, like this place is lower than all others?

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
who put you in charge?
why can't he just stay?

you need to get to the bottom of this. send him a PM and report back with your findings please.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
who put you in charge?
why can't he just stay?

And I thought your posts were cryptic :)