Thread: New Weiya 3129D chassis any good?

New Weiya 3129D chassis any good?

Hi,

I noticed there was a group buy a while ago for new Wei ya 3129D chassis. Are these new ones significantly different from the ones that came with Atomiswave cabs? I'm wondering if they will last longer, or if they are the same quality (or lack thereof).

My chassis is just "clicking" and won't display a picture. No neck glow or anything.
    Last edited by nate; 09-23-2015 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Hi,

I noticed there was a group buy a while ago for new Wei ya 3129D chassis. Are these new ones significantly different from the ones that came with Atomiswave cabs? I'm wondering if they will last longer, or if they are the same quality (or lack thereof).

My chassis is just "clicking" and won't display a picture. No neck glow or anything.
    The group buy was for pretty much the same chassis, sorry that yours died, it's common. Welcome to the AWSD club
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Hehehe, some club, eh?

The weird thing is that my chassis did this before intermittently. If I waited long enough it would stop clicking and act normal. I changed all the caps, and the problem went away. Now in under a year of light use, it's doing it again... Not sure if I need to start pulling caps again?

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Hehehe, some club, eh?

The weird thing is that my chassis did this before intermittently. If I waited long enough it would stop clicking and act normal. I changed all the caps, and the problem went away. Now in under a year of light use, it's doing it again... Not sure if I need to start pulling caps again?
    there are prolly ICs failing, its just a poopy chassis.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

MAX POWA SURGE!

the significant difference i noticed with the 2 new style chassis i bought is that it appears that one of the relays (im guessing its the one that switches resolutions) is not present any longer, and is now handled by an IC chip. im really hoping this means they are more reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    fuck this gay earth

-starks out

Thread Information