Arabian Magic woes.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So I got an Arabian Magic board today, go to boot it up and it's a white screen. Resets like 5 times and then nothing. I flip the board over and am greeted with this.

ZSDWrwz.jpg

Obviously this was not told to me before I bought it. What options do I have? Can I run a jumper wire perhaps? It's coming off the main 68x CPU. Any help is appreciated.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Update: this board has had mucho work done to it. Looks like I'm going to take a wash on this one. Maybe I can move to chips to another F3 pcb, anyone know the cheapest F3 game?

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
That sucks, who did you buy it from?

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Looks like a really easy fix as it was a poor trace repair. Get some 30AWG wire and wire it to that pin on the 68K the trace is going to all the way back to it's origin (might be a via hole).

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I was expecting much worse. Just clean that area up and run a jumper off to the side a bit and hold it down with hot glue. That's not to say that there aren't further issues beyond the fix.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
That trace repair might not even be the issue. Do continuity checks between the two vias from that trace and check the other traces as well around the area of that scratch. Since it shipped it could have flexed a bit so also try reseating the bigger socketed chips.