What game series are you into now more than you were in the past

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Over the years our favorite games and characters change. Some of these games you might have played in the past but didn't really put much stock into them, but now you love them as if you played them all along. What is the game series you are digging more than ever these days?

pmoniez

n00b
Fatal fury. I played the he'll out of the original when it first came out but the sequel didn't do it for me so I basically ignored the series until about 6 years ago when I got a freebie fatal fury special. The following few months I bought every other game in the series and still play Mark of the wolves and the real bouts at least once a week.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Fatal fury. I played the he'll out of the original when it first came out but the sequel didn't do it for me so I basically ignored the series until about 6 years ago when I got a freebie fatal fury special. The following few months I bought every other game in the series and still play Mark of the wolves and the real bouts at least once a week.

Fatal Fury has been mine lately as well. I have always liked the series and watched the anime but never read into the plot starting at Fatal Fury 3.

pmoniez

n00b
Fatal Fury has been mine lately as well. I have always liked the series and watched the anime but never read into the plot starting at Fatal Fury 3.

Fatal fury 3 has the best backgrounds in the series in my opinion. It may sound shallow but I do sometimes pick a fighter to play based on their background graphics.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Fatal fury 3 has the best backgrounds in the series in my opinion. It may sound shallow but I do sometimes pick a fighter to play based on their background graphics.

True, the backgrounds are pretty dope. I kind of like the little road map that your chibi character sprite follows as you fight each opponent. Also, the ACCIDENT! with Yamazaki is pretty awesome as well.

pmoniez

n00b
True, the backgrounds are pretty dope. I kind of like the little road map that your chibi character sprite follows as you fight each opponent. Also, the ACCIDENT! with Yamazaki is pretty awesome as well.

Yep. First class presentation all the way. The only game I can recall that uses the word poof as an insult.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
the halo franchise is something i adore now.love master chief and the whole story and gameplay. was never really into halo back in the day,but now it's become one of my favourite gaming franchises of all time and can't wait for halo 5.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
SVC - Bought the AES cart when it 1st came out played it a little and let it rot. Didn't get serious about it until playing it online on xbox.

KOF '02 - It was my least favorite one to play for a while till the sheer amount of players won me over.

Virtua Fighter Series - Played every one. Until 4 I thought they were kinda shitty jittery messes of a game. 4 & 5 won me over and I do love them

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Well, I'll stretch the expression "series" a bit and say all Square non-rpg titles: Einhander,
Ehrgeiz, Tobal N[SUP]o[/SUP]1&2, even Parasite Eve. It's fascinating, what they brought to live back then,
when they were in peak form. Delightful experiments with their own image, those were.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
Well, I'll stretch the expression "series" a bit and say all Square non-rpg titles: Einhander,
Ehrgeiz, Tobal N[SUP]o[/SUP]1&2, even Parasite Eve. It's fascinating, what they brought to live back then,
when they were in peak form. Delightful experiments with their own image, those were.
And don't forget xenogears,the best squaresoft game on ps1 thats ever been made!

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
For me its Strikers 1945. A friend of mine played it regurarly for score when it was released and loved it. I could never get into it at that time but gave it another chance and bought a nice conversion. I had a lot of fun with it in the last days, but its hard as hell.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I used to look down on Dead or Ailve pretty heavily but after putting a few thousand hours into VF4 I went back to DoA and DoA 2 and the series started to grow on me. Still not close to Virtua Fighter and probably even a step below Tekken, but it's a respectable series.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Mostly the Real Bout series and Magical Drop for me personally as far as Neo. I've been going back through the Double Dragon series though and the Neo sequel has been a favorite lately.

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
Double Dragon for the Neo is certainly underrated. A fine little fighter!

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Gears of war for me. In the last year I've finished the first 3 games and am currently playing Judgement. Only reason i got my 360 was this series of games :)

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
The Strikers 1945 series and Psikyo shooters in general. Really nice and hectic shooters that are just really fun to play.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
The Strikers 1945 series and Psikyo shooters in general. Really nice and hectic shooters that are just really fun to play.

good taste. Sengoku Blade is my favourite shooter of all time and the strikers 1945 games are some of the crown jewels of my sega saturn.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Hardcore, first-person RPGs, most notably the classic Wizardry games. I can remember trying Wizardry I: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord on the NES and Wizardry V: Heart of the Maelstrom on the SNES, when I was a teen, and, used to stuff like Final Fantasy and Phantasy Star, thinking, "What the hell is this shit?" and quitting in frustration/disgust. But, years later, having gained an appreciation for Dungeons & Dragons gameplay mechanics, I tried them again and fell in love.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Mostly the Real Bout series and Magical Drop for me personally as far as Neo. I've been going back through the Double Dragon series though and the Neo sequel has been a favorite lately.

I have been digging the RB series as well. I currently have special in my cab and I think I might leave it in there for quite a while. Everyone seems Viable besides all of the crazy things certain characters like Chen and Billy have.

Gears of war for me. In the last year I've finished the first 3 games and am currently playing Judgement. Only reason i got my 360 was this series of games :)
Gears used to be one of my favorite 360 titles man. I played online hardcore all the way up to 3. I never got to play judgement but I have heard decent things about it even with it being a prequel.

Hardcore, first-person RPGs, most notably the classic Wizardry games. I can remember trying Wizardry I: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord on the NES and Wizardry V: Heart of the Maelstrom on the SNES, when I was a teen, and, used to stuff like Final Fantasy and Phantasy Star, thinking, "What the hell is this shit?" and quitting in frustration/disgust. But, years later, having gained an appreciation for Dungeons & Dragons gameplay mechanics, I tried them again and fell in love.
D&D made allot of games like that way better. Although I will always have a Soft spot for Phantasy star 2 and 4 ( Even though 2 was a bitch). You should try out the Shining force series for Genesis. The game had a first person like element but it was more of a strategy game like chess with a pretty asshole AI. Never leave your healer sitting by himself or everyone will gun for it in that game.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Also the Warriors/Musou games. I really love Hyrule Warriors.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Yeah, Shining Force is a pretty cool tactical RPG series (I've got the first Genesis one), but by first-person, I mean the dungeon/world navigation as well as the combat.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I recently got into Five Nights at Freddies. It's pretty hilarious for a horror game. It basically plays like Night Trap where you're monitoring the movement of a bunch of animatronic Chuck E. Cheese robots to keep them from coming in and killing you.

I've only played the first one so far, and it's hard as hell. It's giving me laughing fits and jumpscares all at the same time. It's a very simple game, but definitely worth checking out if you've got a PC.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Has to be counterstrike. It's a love & hate relation as i like it but when playing competitively i can rage allot. Lately i don't play it that often anymore but still more then when i was little.