Guilty gaming pleasures

pmoniez

n00b
We all have a couple of games we love yet know full well are fundamentally terrible. Mine are as follows.
1. Cruisn USA: the most mindless racing game with terrible music and the frame rate of a broken strobe light...yet I still go back to it.
2. Street fighter: if only for the digitized voice that sounds like a deaf man with a cold. "What strength"
3.time killers. No redeeming qualities whatsoever but a blast with 2 players and whole lot of booze.
Who else gets a kick out of a bit of s&m gaming.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I only have one that I can think of right now.

1. Altered Beast for PC Engine - Broken ass game that keeps me coming back. It's so easy to get juggled & killed by enemies. The game can be over in about a minute if you're not careful.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
1. Street Fighter The Movie, the arcade version. Love this game, so much fun broken crap and Ernie Reyes Sr as Akuma.

2. Anything with Shaq in it.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles NES.
I finally beat this game using emulated saved states because I just had to see the end of this game! However, I still boot that game up and try to play as long as possible without losing a Turtle. Please keep in mind that if you have never played this game you feel almost better off playing without that turtle you lost than going through the level required to get him back.

pmoniez

n00b
1. Street Fighter The Movie, the arcade version. Love this game, so much fun broken crap and Ernie Reyes Sr as Akuma.

2. Anything with Shaq in it.

There was more than shaq fu??? I think this could also apply to any game with an nba players license. Charles Barkley, mj etc.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker on the Megadrive.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Pretty much all the neo fighting games not in the main SNK series.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
1. Street Fighter The Movie, the arcade version. Love this game, so much fun broken crap and Ernie Reyes Sr as Akuma

Ive always loved that ERS is in it !!!

Used to play this one a lot-
PS2's Star Wars Super Bombad Racing

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I just thought of another good one. Sewer Shark on 3do.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
Ys 3 on the SNES.

Not that guilty of a guilty pleasure, as it's a decent game. But something about its simplicity really appeals to me.

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Pocket Gal on the cab - who doesn't love pool & boobs?

Ane-San on PC Engine - the only bosozoku girl gang beat em up i know of (and that rockabilly soundtrack...)

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Pretty much all the neo fighting games not in the main SNK series.

weak

EDIT: weak = those are the coolest fighting games.

Oh my gosh, I'm guilty of having great taste!

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Pit Fighter. It's so cheesy but I have a blast every time I play it. I prefer playing the Arcade version but I had a ton of fun with the genny version when I was a kid.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Champion Wrestler - It's a silly button masher, but it's the closest gameplay wise that brings me back to 80's classic wrestling.

Hello Kitty Puzzle Party (PSP) - Got it for my wife and for some reason I couldn't stop messing with the puzzles. Reminded me of the bonus game in KOF 2000 on dc.

Simpsons Bowling - Wife loves it. I find it extremely easy but it was my gateway drug for League Bowling

Adventure (Atari 2600) - used to play the crap out of this back in the day. Get a nostalga trip I play this again

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
The first one that comes to mind would be Blue Stinger, something about that game just makes me love it, even though I know it's pretty bad.

On the Neo Geo I'd say Cyber Lip, I can happily play that every time I get my AES out, despite everything about it being so average.

Also, as Bogard said, Sonic R. I was obsessed with that game on release, I unlocked everything. I do find it quite difficult to play these days, but I still have fond memories of it.