Guilty gaming pleasures

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I revisit it every other year, fully realizing it's crap, but I still have fun.

Realizing it's crap? It's just a console port of a straightforward late 80's arcade game. It's competently designed, you're given the proper tools..

I get it if someone thinks it sucks and isn't fun to play though.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Realizing it's crap? It's just a console port of a straightforward late 80's arcade game. It's competently designed, you're given the proper tools..

I get it if someone thinks it sucks and isn't fun to play though.

I always thought it was good. It played well enough even though it wasn't arcade perfect

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Rising Zan The Samurai Gunman for me. The game itself is competent, but that cheesy theme song is amazing:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I always thought it was good. It played well enough even though it wasn't arcade perfect

i really don't understand all the bashing altered beast has been getting for the past several years or so.back in the day,it was considered as a killer app for the system up there with strider.now it's bad enough to be considered a guilty pleasure?.dunno.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
i really don't understand all the bashing altered beast has been getting for the past several years or so.back in the day,it was considered as a killer app for the system up there with strider.now it's bad enough to be considered a guilty pleasure?.dunno.

I love Altered Beast. It looks dated now but in 89, it melted Nintendo's face off. Of course the arcade version is more polished but I wore that cartridge out. *And* the Mega Drive insert is one of the best cartridge art of all time. I loved that poster that came with the console.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I love Altered Beast. It looks dated now but in 89, it melted Nintendo's face off. Of course the arcade version is more polished but I wore that cartridge out. *And* the Mega Drive insert is one of the best cartridge art of all time. I loved that poster that came with the console.

altered beast was a console seller back in the day and is still a good game.

and i loved the megadrive posters :buttrock:.the art work on the megadrive/genesis covers was soo good, it was cool to see them in poster form. i actually bought a bunch a while back.might take them out and frame them.