Bullet Heaven HD is a very enjoyable and well produced SHMUP review series

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Anyone here seen this show?

Bullet Heaven HD is a very well done, and very long shooter review series that doesn't only tell you if a game is good, but also really takes the time to go in depth with games and give you an idea of how the games feel and how they're meant to be played. The rating system they use is broken down into specific areas like scoring, control, and innovation that feels really relevant when talking about shooters, and the way they break down the scoring of each and every game can really help with getting into shooters you've never played and feeling like you have SOME idea of what you're supposed to be doing.

I also like how they review such a broad range of games, from classics, to modern steam stuff, to obscure doujin shmups I've never heard of.

Give them some love! They never seem to get enough of it.

Are their any review series or other arcade related video productions you guys are big fans of and would recommend?

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
It's not particularly review-focused but it is a review series I guess: Chrontendo. Plays Famicom/NES, PCE/TG16, and SMS/Gen/MD games in chronological order of release. It's interesting to see what trends were popular at the time and to find some peculiar games you might have otherwise missed.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chrontendo