AES with unknown board.

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
A person I know bought an AES with an s-video mod. For some reason it does not output composite from the stock connector. He sent me a photo when he open it has some kind of a board glued to the top part of the case. I never see that kind of pcb before maybe is some kind of early jrok I really don't know.
Check it out.

neo svi.jpg

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
If itis modded and does not output composite from the Din connector, check if it has not also a stereo mod on that connector.
I know some have cut a trace to separate audio channels, but I'd bet the do that on the sync pin and no the composite one like on the Mega Drive/Genesis.

Have you tried other cables?

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
That was one of !Arcade!'s modified consoles with the upgraded sound board.

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
the console has the audio jack at the back besides the s-video. But no composite jack. The stock din connector only output audio but no video. It works fine with the svideo and the stereo sound. But some tvs don't have svideo and that is a little problem when trying to use composite.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
OK.

Then you have to check continuity on the Sony CXA1145 pin #20 to the DIN connector pin #3 for composite.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
An svideo mod and they don't even bother building a composite circuit for it. Nice. And I bet someone paid a LOT of money for that at some point.

Last edited:

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
He paid $300 with samurai shodown and blue journeys. Jasontoddlives yes he already bought one. He send me a pic of the back of the console and I'm just like WTF why so many audio jacks. Check it out it even have another power jack and I dont know why.
12021817_1015303808509594_1511208362_n.jpg