KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The updated graphics look fantastic. My only complaint is that in some stages (example: Fatal Fury stage), the characters skin look so pale. As if they were zombies.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
To me the graphics are hit and miss. Sometimes it looks pretty good, other times not so much. I appreciate the extra colors though. Btw the online is fucked for North America I believe. It won't allow people to create matches. Other areas are okay though. SNK made a statement that they are working on it.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
To me the graphics are hit and miss. Sometimes it looks pretty good, other times not so much. I appreciate the extra colors though. Btw the online is fucked for North America I believe. It won't allow people to create matches. Other areas are okay though. SNK made a statement that they are working on it.

It's still inaccessible in our region too.

Btw, Oda addressed the Ramon infinite bug saying they are working on a fix, and said there will be a new costume by the end of the month (most likely Iori):

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1813692178919409&id=100008359335918

The 1.10 patch notes also mentions PS4 Pro improvement:

C129FarUQAAs64h.jpg

https://twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/819018673041981440

Some hi-res pic (click for full size):

kof14-ps4-pro-screenshot-jan11-2017-3.jpg

kof14-ps4-pro-screenshot-jan11-2017.jpg

luonge.jpg

kofpatch.jpg

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Been playing all day thanks to the update to character details. Shame the online is broken till another patch from the looks of it. I am digging the new lighting and texture details. Good God does Kyo, Andy and Yuri look a shit ton better. I really wish they put some touch-up with backgrounds and some of the outlining of the characters could use some uniformity with the backgrounds, but oh well.

At least I am playing the game again and learning the engine better. I am becoming a beast with Kim for some odd reason. Gotta love that fwd, fwd + LK and qcb + K attack.

fluxcore

Another Striker
So much happier with the look of skin now, doesn't just look like flat plastic. Some of the character colour CHANGES are a bit annoying though. As for the game itself, I'm really enjoying it. Good cast, good systems. Felt a bit sluggish to start with though.

Would be a great entry point to the KoF franchise, I think.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
So much happier with the look of skin now, doesn't just look like flat plastic. Some of the character colour CHANGES are a bit annoying though. As for the game itself, I'm really enjoying it. Good cast, good systems. Felt a bit sluggish to start with though.

Would be a great entry point to the KoF franchise, I think.

Does that colour change happen to be Leona's 4th color? because that annoyed the hell out of me as well.

fluxcore

Another Striker
Does that colour change happen to be Leona's 4th color? because that annoyed the hell out of me as well.

leona's 3rd actually :D (the one that used to be black hair w/dark grey top). Her colours got pretty messed up.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I was holding off getting this one since launch, hoping as with most games the price would drop. As it turns out KOF XIV in the UK is pretty much sold out everywhere and the price hasn't really fallen much, I got it for £28.99 in the end from one of the last two stores selling it online (GAME UK and Argos for my fellow Brits if you still want to pick it up). There was only the day-one steel book version here and it seems to be a limited print run, looking on Play Asia they want $50 for the regular US version still.

Anyway I was impressed with the 2.0 demo and didn't want to miss out on the last stock available. I tried my PS3 wireless madcatz fightpad and it works great using the legacy driver on the demo but I'll get a stick for it next month as I sold my last fight stick off a while back and miss having one around.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Sooo.... Let's scrap classic costumes that are in demand for now and see if people will buy random shit. Okay.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
School girl costumes guarantee $$$. I always prefer the martial art uniform costumes.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Nothing wrong with doing something new. I'm sure more classic costumes will come up over time.

Shun'Ei looks way better with the kung fu costume. I wish he'd take those damn headphones off so I could take him somewhat seriously.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Shun'Ei looks way better with the kung fu costume. I wish he'd take those damn headphones off so I could take him somewhat seriously.
Ha, true - but I guess that'd have been too traditional or out of character... i.e. not new enough?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
So KOFXIV World Championship starts out on Saturday:

KOFWCC1.jpg

In case you missed it, it's an event bringing the top 16 KOF14 players in the world to duke it out in one championship. SNK had been sponsoring tournaments all around the world. Some of these were qualifiers for this event, and the winners got invited to attend it. For some reason, the European tournaments were not counted as qualifiers (apparently Deep Silver backed out from the deal or something), so SNK left some slots to hand pick a few players instead. Also, Bala could not make it due to some mismanagement in his local qualifier (something about last moment announcement in an event he didn't have time to prepare for and attend). The full players list below.

image_udm.jpg

From the event's page

Event date and time: February 18th, 2017 3PM~7:30PM (doors open at 2:30PM)

Event location: Tokyo - UDX THEATER

Live stream: the tournament will be streamed via SNK official Twitch channel

Participant players: the 16 top level players listed below will fight each other to decide the strongest KOF XIV player in the world.

KOFWCC.jpg

World Best Players to Fight in KOF XIV World Championship

kof-world-championship-final-logo.jpg

16 of the world's best KOF XIV players will duke it out to determine who´s #1 at the KOF XIV World Championship in Tokyo, Japan! Who will rise victorious?

Better yet, who will clench both fists and yell 'Victoly! Samurai Shodown style? The only way to find out is to watch the mayhem on February 18, 2017 on SNK´s official Twitch channel or Twitch's Team Spooky Channel. The action from Akihabara UDX Theater, Tokyo will stream live.

Tokyo, Japan Residents:
If you're currently in Tokyo and wish to attend, doors at the UDX Theater will open at 2:30pm JST and the event will take place at 3:00pm 7:30pm JST. The UDX Theater is located at 4-14-1, Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, UDX4F.

Visit this link for more details right out of the official UDX Theater website.

KOF XIV Producer, Yasuyuki Oda will be on the floor and potentially reveal new details regarding the King of Fighters series.

Guests to the Grand Final Championship include MCs J. Maxwell Powers / Seira Ryu and Commentator Koichi, Kindevu.

KOF XIV World Championship 16 Finalists:

Alioune
France

Cipher
Mexico

DBJ-ET
Chinese Taipei

DOUYU QANBA | XIAOHAI
China

Frionel
Morocco

gxbridget
Chinese Taipei

Kane Blueriver
Chile

[KTB Ball] HK
Hong Kong
MADKOF
South Korea

Panda Dakou
China

Panda TV Lancer
China

Panda TV Naiwang
China

Picnic
Japan

ARCADESHOCK Reynald
USA

[SANWA] M
Japan
Toshi
Peru

ARCADESHOCK Familiar Name:

You might notice a familiar name here if you follow the Neo-Geo / Arcade retro scene. An ARCADESHOCK home grown talent Reynald Tacsuan, will be on the floor to battle the 15 other King of Fighters combatants. ARCADESHOCK is known for their arcade joysticks, Neo-Geo custom mods, Capcom CPS Arcade boards, Sega Naomi kits and much more. It will be interesting to see if the arcade joystick expertise comes in handy when it comes to taking home the title of KOF XIV Champion.

KOF XIV Motivation:

https://twitter.com/ReynaldJT/status/822917581061246977/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

There´s nothing more motivating to up your KOF XIV fighting skills than seeing what an actual invite to the Grand Final Championship looked like. Time to refine those KOF XIV combos and special moves so next time it'll be you getting the invite to the KOF Championship promise land.

Original SNK Press Release:
https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2017/012702/

SNK KOF XIV Grand Final Championship Official Website:
https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/wcs/

Article from my new website LiveGameDeals.com: https://livegamedeals.com/worlds-best-players-kof-xiv-world-championship/

Follow me on Twitter: @nirregev @livegamedeals

Last edited:

@livegamedeals is my new website's Twitter and @nirregev is my personal twitter account. I've launched LiveGameDeals.com as a way to simplify the process of finding the best video game deals, other websites make it too complicated for a casual user. I'm also working on Price Guides, a complete industry database and more. Since I'm a Neo-Geo fan the first price guides are going to be on the Neo-Geo Pocket/Neo-Geo Pocket color. It's a long term project and I've decided to showcase the site for the community here.

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
@livegamedeals is my new website's Twitter and @nirregev is my personal twitter account. I've launched LiveGameDeals.com as a way to simplify the process of finding the best video game deals, other websites make it too complicated for a casual user. I'm also working on Price Guides, a complete industry database and more. Since I'm a Neo-Geo fan the first price guides are going to be on the Neo-Geo Pocket/Neo-Geo Pocket color. It's a long term project and I've decided to showcase the site for the community here.

gR2oeu0.gif

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member

Best to keep any advertisements in your signature, and not post anything related to them in the News and Rumors section.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I've launched LiveGameDeals.com as a way to simplify the process of finding the best video game deals, other websites make it too complicated for a casual user. I'm also working on Price Guides, a complete industry database and more. Since I'm a Neo-Geo fan the first price guides are going to be on the Neo-Geo Pocket/Neo-Geo Pocket color. It's a long term project and I've decided to showcase the site for the community here.
all 100% altruistic I'm sure. :thevt:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Just put it in your sig. That way, people don't think you're only posting to shill.