KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The Athena 98 costume is temporarily available for free until next week or the week after (I don't remember).

Also, more free themes are now available, including the one with Mai.

Lupin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks k'_127! I heard about the costume but didn't know it was free. Just downloaded it. Anybody know any word on other costumes? Nightmare Geese?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The graphics update will be on January 11.

The demo will most likely be next Tuesday.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...ters-xiv-free-dlc-out-today-ver-1-10-details/

From the sound of it, they have much more planned for the game through out next year and beyond.

Thanks k'_127! I heard about the costume but didn't know it was free. Just downloaded it. Anybody know any word on other costumes? Nightmare Geese?

Classic Kyo and Nightmare Geese are already on the PSN store :)

In China they got the classic Iori costume already (you can check it on youtube). No word on releasing it for other regions yet. I read somewhere that Shunei and Sylvie will be next, but I'm not sure
if that is confirmed.

Last edited:

Lupin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I knew about the Classic Kyo and picked it up. It was free when the game launched if I'm remembering correctly. I didn't know about Nightmare Geese. I see that it cost a couple of bucks, not expensive, but I stopped paying for aesthetic changes as I spent too much money last generation for costumes and random DLC. If its ever free I'll pick it up.

Does anyone know if the Nightmare Geese was ever free for a limited time or was it always paid DLC?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Nightmare Geese was a preorder bonus for the European copies I believe. After that he became paid DLC.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The demo is currently available in the Japanese store. Should be in the US store this Tuesday.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Do the Steam & PS4 release have crossplay? If not, which has the bigger pool of active players. Been meaning to check this one out.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Just scooped it today.... Finally.

DaveGeorge

NEST Puppet
Bought it cheap at a black friday-sale, but didn't play it until recently (shameful I know). Liked it, though XIII's graphic style looks much better. Single player was a bit too easy as well.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i still haven't played kof 12/13 yet, let alone kof 14. still going to be some time before i actually get to play this now that i have a xbox one.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
i still haven't played kof 12/13 yet, let alone kof 14. still going to be some time before i actually get to play this now that i have a xbox one.

With the possible exception of kof 12 (I still really enjoyed the engine), I'd say kof 13 & 14 are great and worth your time. Perhaps kof 13 will become available as a backwards compatible title for xbox one at some point?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
With the possible exception of kof 12 (I still really enjoyed the engine), I'd say kof 13 & 14 are great and worth your time. Perhaps kof 13 will become available as a backwards compatible title for xbox one at some point?

i actually have kof 13 for my 360. i just never opened it up. can't get my self to stop playing the neo kof games long enough to play 13, lol. will crack it open once i'm in the mood for something different.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Picked this up recently, and have been playing the shit out of it. I have been out of the fighter scene for awhile, but I am glad this is a fun game!

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
i actually have kof 13 for my 360. i just never opened it up. can't get my self to stop playing the neo kof games long enough to play 13, lol. will crack it open once i'm in the mood for something different.

lol dude, wow.

mirkvid

n00b
Got this at launch as well. While I play a ton of fighters, I don't have the time to play them very seriously and spend most of my time running through the arcade mode. It's a lot of fun. I've put way more time into this than SFV or any other recent fighter.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter

I spent a lot of time with 13 when it came out, so it's definitley worth opening up and giving a try. 14 I played for a day or two and haven't touched since. Although that might be because I just don't have as much time for games as I used to have.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
King of Fighters XIV is brilliant. It is certainly an upgrade on the last game, with upgraded visuals, a cool story mode, depth of characters,Great fighting game!

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
^ Thirded

And, from a poster nicknamed as 'bello' (the beauty, or nice, or handsome in Italian), that is really something I saty.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Also, if you're into themes, the KOF XIV themes are available for free download on the KOF XIV page on PSN. I grabbed them all. You may need a foreign region account to get some of the others, though. Anyway, I have them all across two accounts. Currently rocking that Mai theme.