KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
If i remember correctly i was able to get my cthulhu ps3 stick to work on SFV when it first came out via legacy when my buddy brought it over. So i know it is compatible with the legacy driver. Just seeing if its good on KOF14. I would assume yes since its the same driver but you never know

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I hope you're right.
i believe you have to go into game option at the title screen and change a setting for P1 or P2 to use legacy, its not just plug and play, you have to adjust something. No ps4 to test it out until next weekend.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I played with the Hori RAP 4 and switched it to PS3 mode and got it to work by hitting the legacy config option. It worked fine, but when I tried with the PS360 it didn't work. Now I remember focus attack having a hold a button down trick for the PS3 mode, but at the time I tested the site was down.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
not sure bout the ps360, on my Brooks Board you hold MP for PS3 mode.
But thats good to hear, atleast there is hope that i will work and my bro can use my other stick until we get him setup with a proper stick

Valius

n00b
Hmm, they re-voiced the story cutscene and edited it to use as an announcement for KOF14 World Championship in early 2017. :o

Regarding Legacy Controller Configuration:

It recognises my USB Saturn Pad as a legacy controller, and while the buttons work, the directional pad does not. I will see if I can somehow get it working, and I have just tested the Saturn pad on my PC to confirm it is fully functioning.

I have used console arcade sticks that allow the lever to switch between sending input to the system as the analogue or digital of the original controller, maybe this is why, but when I plug the Saturn pad into my PS3 the pad functions fully.

*Edit*

I believe I have found the reason why the Saturn pad does not work:

Sega SLS pads might have their d-pads mapped as X-Y Axis vs. X-input

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/207861/usb-saturn-pad-on-ps4

This topic on Shoryuken pertains to the question of whether the Saturn pad can be used on a PS4. The input type for the directional pad is incompatable with the KOF14 legacy controller feature. So this controller and controllers like it that map the directional input to the X-Y Axis will not work.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I will be able to confirm hrap3, cthulhu board and inpin adapter after this weekend.
Adapters are tricky so maybe thats why its having issues with ur? Kinda weird

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Balance + online ranked matchmaking patch was submitted for approval. It may go live next Tuesday?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
finally moved and should be jumping on this game this weekend to check it out, glad im coming in after patch, that way i dont have bad habits or pissed cause my characters got nerfed bad.
Wonder how the tier list will look in afew weeks with these changes

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
CwaiksoXUAQ1obq.jpg

Chinese Premium Edition. Not sure if it means more DLC costumes, but Iori is in his classic outfit on that disc.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
In case anyone wasn't aware, the Nightmare Geese skin is available on PSN now for 2 bucks.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member

currently exclusive to China's LE, with a note saying additional DLC costumes will also be offered with it in the future (no details beyond that).

Hoping for AoF2 Robert and FF3 Andy.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
We'll get it eventually.

I want:

AOF 2 Robert
Garou Terry
Mr. Karate Ryo (Buriki One)
Biker Girl Mai

Mai Rocker Girl.jpg