KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
That KOD shit had me rolling. Reminds me of old school Takuma shit. Gonna have to play with that.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Played the patch. Works great. I've been getting flawless matches. Everyone in the room went bananas when they tried it. A good day.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Played the patch. Works great. I've been getting flawless matches. Everyone in the room went bananas when they tried it. A good day.

Can't wait to try it myself. Party mode has worked well enough. I hope I'll have to eat my words about how the netcode was gonna be shit.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Can't wait to try it myself. Party mode has worked well enough. I hope I'll have to eat my words about how the netcode was gonna be shit.

ah 6 player local coop/comp, that shit takes me back. Ah real treat when you can get all your friends together for that.

Such a rare thing these days

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Glad to see the patch's effective!
Can't wait to get some games online tonight!

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Got the game this week.

Liking it so far and I have to say, the game looks so much better in person compared to on shitty youtube vids, but that's a given I guess.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Played online against some local friends and it was pretty flawless. This is great for the scene as a whole. This game should have a bigger user base than XIII had.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I am really getting into this game! Have not play a KOF game since '99. I really need to get a Hori for the PS4 though, the pad is just awful!

GAMEFAN

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I finally got around to getting online post-patch. It's definitely much better. There can still be some difficulty establishing a connection, but once it did, all the matches were fine.

I'm trying to playing a Samurai Shodown team of Bandeiras, Nakoruru, and Leona, but Bandeiras is really hard to play effectively when you don't have setups/traps for the entire cast. I'm thinking of swapping him for Kukri or Mian at least in the short term.

buru5

War Room Troll
Nakoruru is really good I've found, good anti-air, projectile cancels, and invincible during her bird jump. I predict a nerf.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Hi guys, it's been a while. Lurked now and then but life just got too busy to stay active on forums for me.

Anyway, holy shit 62 pages. What's the general concensus here of the game? I'm sure the NG purists hate it...

Me? I don't LOVE it, but there hasn't been a new SNK game in a while so I will play it and I do like it quite a bit despite some very strong issues I have with the game.

Anyway, the best part for me is that this is the beginning of a new era of SNK games. Like it or not, SNK is back.

PS: F*** Nokururu!!

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Sum it up. Looks kinda crappy/ok, plays great. Netcode is decent. Many annoyed they went to 3d.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
King of Dinosaurs = Tizoc?

Same voice actor, similar moves. Hmm...
Similar look as well.

Quick question... can anyone who got the game early confirm that PS3 legacy controller support is in and working ok?
I can confirm, this worked fine for me on a buddy's system.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
I got to lpay a couple hours of this at a friend's place this week, and was pretty pleasantly surprised. It plays like a middle-of-the-road King of Fighters. Not mind-blowing, but nothing was botched, and I usually take a while to warm up to new fighting games. The transition to 3D went as well as I could've reasonably expected. Again, doesn't look beautiful, but not bad by any means. A lot of special moves feel like they are closer-range than I would've expected, but I think I feel that way about most KOF games after playing more Capcom-y fighters. This is a solid B- in my book, and that rating will probably go up once I've had more time with it.

Oh, and it has an actual character roster, unlike Street Fighter 5. I'd WAY sooner buy KOF 14 than SFV; KOF is a complete game right out of the box, whereas SFV has that nickle-and-dime shit. $30 just to unlock the first 5 additional characters comes out to $6, or one burrito, per character. No thank you.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Got to play it. The graphics are very inconsistent. Some stages look nice, but some stages look like crap(Antonov stage). It could use more texture detail on the characters and stages, and it would look a lot better. Online play, even after the patch is not on SFV level, sadly. It's still inconsistent, but hey, at least you get the full game with more content and tons of characters day 1 with no DLC BS. The gameplay is what you would expect, but I find it to be too floaty and slow paced. It lacks that solid feel of past KOF games like KOF 98 where moves look like it has the impact and extra oomph/pop.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Glad the patch has addressed two major issues with legacy controller support (even though I use a PS4 Hori stick) and online. They did this pretty fast and I am happier with SNK these days.

Good God I have a lot to learn with this game. There are so many brutal combos and crazy armor tricks with some characters that I will be going in blind if I try to fight people online that know what they are doing right now, lol. As for the floatyness and pace of the game. Yeah, it isn't KOF 98 2D fast but it feels just fine to me. That shit didn't stop me from playing Samurai Shodown 1 and 2, or Art of Fighting 3 that were worse with it, lol. Hell, I feel SFV has some weird delay with doing hard punches and kicks that feels off (going against Bison with his V-Trigger, fucking christ).

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
For those having trouble with Nakoruru, gato_ray is posting videos for ways to punish her crouch HP.

Also, in case you missed the post earlier, you can do a forward guard roll after her annu mutsube follow up for full punish (needs a meter though). You can also hit her with some attacks like Terry's Crack Shot while she is clinging on the bird.

And, lol:

Crb1Jk_UkAANnUM.jpg

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
This is unexpected the last person i expected to see playing a kof.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'm glad to see Max playing this. He's been playing vastly inferior fare for years, although he's pretty damn good at fighters.

At least he likes Guilty Gear.