KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
No power dunk? For shame.

Usually, he has either the Power Dunk or, the Rising Tackle, not both. On the few games he has both, he's usually unstoppable because you can easily use the Power Dunk followed by the Rising Tackle if the former fails.

Jon

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Special team ending art works:

Masters: Tung - Chin - Gang Il

NESTS Gals: Kula - Sylvie - Angel

Ninja: Mai - Andy - Bandeiras

Dragons: Ryo - Kensou - MuiMui

Tigers: Robert - Joe - Ramon

Birds: Nakoruru - Zarina - King of Dinosaurs

Beautiful Long Hair: Athena - Nakoruru - Kula

Lucky Seven: Alice - MuiMui - Love Heart (aka pachinko team)

There are 2 more left.

credits go to gato_ray

Tung Disciples: Terry - Geese - Shunei

Mysterious New Comers: Hein - Kukri - Luong

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Any good combo video anywhere ? All of the ones I'm finding show them done, but not the inputs and timing for some. Loving the game and online....people are resorting to some wicked shit like that infinite dive kick with Mian.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Man, I lose track of time every time I fire this game up. I am really enjoying it.

The fan service for FF and AOF when they interact with Geese really takes me back to the days when I loved this company so much.

Is it too much to just ask for another old school style AOF or FF/RB that had that same aesthetic and atmosphere? Those were the days.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Just got my first rage quit in KOF XIV. I never feel like I am on the right track until you get your first rage quit. Then you know you're figuring it out.

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Man, I lose track of time every time I fire this game up. I am really enjoying it.

The fan service for FF and AOF when they interact with Geese really takes me back to the days when I loved this company so much.

Is it too much to just ask for another old school style AOF or FF/RB that had that same aesthetic and atmosphere? Those were the days.

Couldn't agree more. I just love the nice little details that only SNK veterans would catch.

The special stage music between characters
The '96 feel to the whole game
Even the first PRESS X BUTTON has the old Neo Geo SNK credit sound effect on it :)

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Couldn't agree more. I just love the nice little details that only SNK veterans would catch.

The special stage music between characters
The '96 feel to the whole game
Even the first PRESS X BUTTON has the old Neo Geo SNK credit sound effect on it :)

The classic Kyo costume has the old hit sound effect too:

Nelson is just fucking crazy.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
Is this game worth it or should I wait? I bought SFV day one, and sent it back the next day.

From what I see, it looks better than SF V.

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
I'm enjoying this game a lot. The Online is very hit or miss still but great in private matches with local pals I know. I wish the Nightmare Geese skin was up for sale already. So many new awesome characters.

My favorites are: Love Heart, Mian and Alice. My main team is Geese, Athena and Yuri.

The music is spot on! I don't like how I can't get in the corner if a dude is already there, that's weird. The wide screen sometimes feels too wide at certain moments. Not sure what that is for me. Often I feel like characters have too much of a life meter. These might just be things that I need to work on, like my offense.

I don't like having to register a level from my Profile. I wish the levels could be random or chosen when fighing online. Maybe I just don't know how to do this?

Love the game though. Art book was a great touch!

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Love the gameplay, hate all the cringey modern pervy pedo bait anime junk.

We need to set up an online neo-geo.com party room meet up.

Terry's new voice is growing on me. Burn knuckoo is safe on block yo.

Need moar peeps in business dress. Like a suit for geese and add seth and vanessa. Please don't perv out on my vanessa tho.

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Well Vanessa is rumored for dlc... I'd be up for a party room.

Is this game worth it or should I wait? I bought SFV day one, and sent it back the next day.

From what I see, it looks better than SF V.

It's a day one. The combos are fun as hell to learn since they simplified how much you have to do, but made execution more difficult. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed being in the training room. Also the 50 characters aren't fluffed up. All seem pretty viable. Even ones I've been having trouble grasping onto like Kim's Master or Chin I have seen other people use well.

The online is sketchy, but I've been having luck in Ranked for some reason. Casual Matches not as much. However they say the patch is days away.

Last edited:

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Im really enjoying it. Finally got around to play it, what a pleasent surprise. They really knew what they were doing. Hope it sells decently, now i want to see more output from this reborn SNK. Unfortunally my pals from macau/ hong kong, are too busy sucking Capcom's dick to give KoF a proper chance, even tough most of them bought KoF14. I'll be back in europe in a few weeks and will invite sexy Atro for a session ��

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I don't like having to register a level from my Profile. I wish the levels could be random or chosen when fighing online. Maybe I just don't know how to do this?

Agreed. Stages should change on rematch when you choose random stage.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
Love the gameplay, hate all the cringey modern pervy pedo bait anime junk.

We need to set up an online neo-geo.com party room meet up.

Terry's new voice is growing on me. Burn knuckoo is safe on block yo.

Need moar peeps in business dress. Like a suit for geese and add seth and vanessa. Please don't perv out on my vanessa tho.

how? KOF was always about that

NewheroHiro.jpg

Last edited:

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
Wow, that's awesome for the people that want to stare at their screens trying to see where their fucking userinterface went. WAY too cluttered!

Uh no. I've seen much worse. Actually, if this theme bothers you which one doesn't besides the default PS4 one?