KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Finally got a session in and im definitely going with Sylvie Daimon and Geese. Daimon is not quite as good as he was in 98 and 02 but hes definitely better then that clunky ass XIII version....wish he still had his running grab though. Also i take but what i said about the game not feeling fresh. That ex mode is cool and adds a huge layer to the game. Its gonna be fun really digging into that.

Geese is awesome. its crazy that they loosened up the raging storm input so much.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Fucking Amazon! :very_ang: I did not get my copy yesterday and now the delivery tracking show lost by carrier. Now i have to go to the store and buy it today.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Fucking Amazon! :very_ang: I did not get my copy yesterday and now the delivery tracking show lost by carrier. Now i have to go to the store and buy it today.

I really do not like some retail stores like gamestop, but when online stores continue to drop the ball, it leaves me with little choice. Some games i don't mind waiting a few days for, but other, I WANT THAT SHIT NOW. Gotta bite the bullet sometimes.

Anyway, I hit the lab with Kukri yesterday for a good hour +. Checked out all his normal's and special, and tried to determine which ones were safe and unsafe. Like most, his A and B normal's are pretty + or at least safe on block. c.D and close s. D are pretty safe, and most all of his normal's can be canceled into Nessa Jin (QCF+P) making them safe. Learning how to properly use Genei Saijin (teleport) is going to take some work. But I really like what the character offers so far.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I got mine yesterday but didn't get a chance to play it. I'm hoping to sink my teeth into it this weekend.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I got mine yesterday but didn't get a chance to play it. I'm hoping to sink my teeth into it this weekend.

Mugi + I are gettin together Saturday night if you wanna drive down for some dirty street tacos and KoF.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Beat a few more team stories. The endings for those are a fair bit better.

Of the new characters, I'm really liking Mian and Antonov the best. Mian is a lot of fun to play, has a really cool design, and her constantly changing face masks when her arm moves past her face are just really freaking cool. Antonov is a total badass, and has a freaking humidor with extra cigars in his belt. I also like that they didn't make him the classic billionaire bad guy a la Rugal. He's an egomaniac, but is actually a good guy that saves kids and helps others. I like that.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Special team ending art works:

Masters: Tung - Chin - Gang Il

NESTS Gals: Kula - Sylvie - Angel

Ninja: Mai - Andy - Bandeiras

Dragons: Ryo - Kensou - MuiMui

Tigers: Robert - Joe - Ramon

Birds: Nakoruru - Zarina - King of Dinosaurs

Beautiful Long Hair: Athena - Nakoruru - Kula

Lucky Seven: Alice - MuiMui - Love Heart (aka pachinko team)

There are 2 more left.

credits go to gato_ray

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Finally got my copy. Just had my first play through and ny only criticism would be that I completed story mode, on default difficulty, without any continues, on my first play through. I can't say I have ever done that with any other KOF, so the difficulty must have been scaled back quite a bit.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Finally got my copy. Just had my first play through and ny only criticism would be that I completed story mode, on default difficulty, without any continues, on my first play through. I can't say I have ever done that with any other KOF, so the difficulty must have been scaled back quite a bit.

Yeah, the CPU on default is fairly easy, which I'm okay with for beating story mode with teams/players I'm not good at.

I increased it to 5 and the CPU wiped the floor with me.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Yeah, the CPU on default is fairly easy, which I'm okay with for beating story mode with teams/players I'm not good at.

I increased it to 5 and the CPU wiped the floor with me.

Ditto holy shit! The first fight was a pain and after that it kept being my anchor terry who would get me through the rest of the fights. Level 5 difficulty makes you really wanna learn though.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
i noticed that too. in training its like that where level one they may tap you once in a a while but bump up the stars and they go buck wild!

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
I went to Gamestop also to buy my copy after not buying shit from there for several months. I wanted it and i got right then and there. I couldn't wait with the gamble online order BS!!!! Anyways... I feel complete satisfaction everytime I fire it up!!! SNK is back foolz!!! Luong, Zarina, Kukri, Ralf, Leona, Mian.... I can dig it!!!
hqdefault.jpg

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Jesus, online is shit. Terry's voice actor is shit.

Edit: party mode actually works well and is pretty sweet.

Last edited:

StaticX

15 Year Member
Kong Kuwata still does Geese's voice.... I'm surprised that 99% of the voices have been changed. :/

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Played quite a bit of this today, although I haven't gone online yet. Thumbs up.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You can actually understand most of what Terry says now. You just don't like it because they changed the voice actor.

The real reason to not like him is because he doesn't have his power dunk in this game. I still use him though.

StaticX

15 Year Member
You can actually understand most of what Terry says now. You just don't like it because they changed the voice actor.

The real reason to not like him is because he doesn't have his power dunk in this game. I still use him though.

With no power dunk my thumb seems to normally be holding down just in case. Love the random phrases they all say during the fight.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
List of prefight dialogues: https://twitter.com/SNK_Lover/status/769327963926065152

Voice actors sheet: https://twitter.com/ATRyoSakazaki/status/764074203578445825

CpqJZe5WYAAAiXt.jpg

I prefer old Terry's voice, but I also like the new one. MAX busterwolf is my favourite line: "Here is da big one - busta woooooooof"

Am I crazy or does Terry not have a cross up

It's one of the reasons I thought he was nerfed. That, plus loosing his crouch LP > crouch HP target combo from 13, EX crack shot not being overhead anymore, and EX power wave loosing its tricky speed

Instead, he got:

- better far D poke
- LP version of burn knuckle is safe on block
- more efficient combos (more damage, less meter cost)

He may have other advantages but I'm still exploring.

He still has power dunk in the form of a Climax super. He does the same animation if you do it from distance or it gets blocked.