KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster

Yeah, I think Nelson has potiental. Particularity as a character you would play on a bad connection, but I just am not a big fan of everything being a direction and button. Maybe over time I'l learn to like him.

I still have to play Sylvie. I've been procrastinating a bit, but turning up the difficulty on the CPU to see what they come up with. Once I get bored with other characters I'll move on to her.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Mai is not unsafe like people think. She's beastly.

I just recorded this. It is easy and hurts like hell. Saw the comp do something similar on L5.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Another I did.. I don't using the PS4 pad, so i'm waiting for legacy with the real release. I found this on the Setsuna_MX vid. I may have added the super at the end.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I really enjoy what I've read and seen so far... thanks for everyone giving some insight into how this plays (especially joecommando & Mr Bakaboy).

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
yeah pretty cool stuff, only exclusivity for PS4 sucks - are there plans to get that on steam?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
The back of the box says console exclusive all over it rather then only for PS4 so betting it's in the works.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Using Nelson's chains from distance can give you some nice options. Found this guard crush setup:

Last edited:

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I downloaded the demo yesterday. I've been having lots of fun with it. So far, I think the gameplay feels very refined and smooth compared to other previous kof games.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
Downloaded the demo over the weekend.

I actually liked the gameplay, didn't get to play much tho.

Also, Mai's tits are out of control.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Thanks to everyone posting their videos and thoughts on the demo. I hope a PC release date gets announced. I just can't get into SFV and need me some KOF XIV on PC.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Downloaded the demo over the weekend.

I actually liked the gameplay, didn't get to play much tho.

Also, Mai's tits are out of control.

Half of the development time was dedicated to getting them just right.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Played the demo for a few hours, really enjoying Iori (who kicks ass as usual) and Shun'Ei! The amount of varieties he has in regards to applying pressure or slowly poking makes him my fav newcomer so far. Granted only played this demo and the PSX build. Still don't understand where people are coming from when they mention its "not fast like KOF", are they comparing to 98 and beyond or first games?

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I played for a couple of hours on Friday night with some friends and a few beers. It was a good time and I really can't wait for the full game. Maybe it was the beer but the gameplay felt very fast. It took me a few rounds to get used to the speed and the flow of the game, but once I did I was in the zone.

One month today for the full release :D

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Thanks to everyone posting their videos and thoughts on the demo. I hope a PC release date gets announced. I just can't get into SFV and need me some KOF XIV on PC.

Me too man, it will be really nice if by the time october hit the pc release will be out. Crossing my fingers

grimmythereaper

Quiz Detective
i feel like the demo is a step back from kof 13, not saying it was bad, I enjoyed the hell outta of what I played. It didn't play as fast as 13 to me. It reminds me of any older kof in its pacing.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
^ Interesting. By pacing what do you mean exactly? Combos? Speed of characters? The couple of frames they took out that makes it feel not as crisp?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
i feel like the demo is a step back from kof 13, not saying it was bad, I enjoyed the hell outta of what I played. It didn't play as fast as 13 to me. It reminds me of any older kof in its pacing.

I was wondering, some of the vids looked alittle slower but ppl were saying it felt really fast so thought it was one of those things where you have to play to see

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member

So is this video that Mr. Bakaboy posted a while back a bullshit lie?

It seems to me the only thing that would "slow" anything down is the closeups and such, which IMO don't slow things down enough to get upset about.

I don't have a PS4 currently, so this is an honest question.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
don't have a ps4 yet, so this is going to have to wait.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
It seems to me the only thing that would "slow" anything down is the closeups and such, which IMO don't slow things down enough to get upset about.I don't have a PS4 currently, so this is an honest question.

From what I have played the major problem people have is going from 40fps to 60fps causes an optical illusion that it's slower. There's more going on in the screen so it gets processed in the brain as it's slower when it's not. Also there is a 1-2 frame input delay from the start (not confirmed, but personally I can feel it) that also makes it feel slower. KOF has never had it before so it's a lot to take in.

The video is not bullshitting, but it's hard to shake initial impressions.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Game Watch interview's translation:

https://twitter.com/SNK_Lover

http://cyberfanatix.com/2016/07/31/game-watch-interviews-yasuyuki-oda-at-chinajoy/

"– SNK seems happy with the Chinese public, and certainly they are a great bet, as they are a big market.
– There will be no ON /OFF option for Rush Combo, and it was decided during the EVO where the Rush was not used and not even exploited.
– No DLC for now, only the 50 characters! … But anything can happen …
– Apparently Oda was challenged in the event, and it was not this time, again, that he won.
– Several censorship happened in the Chinese version (Ex: Luong and Angel)
– It is expected one patch per year for XIV, as Oda after the release of XIV will prepare himself for the release of another SNK game. (Note: This has been corrected. Check the post below)
– Oh, and DOA vs. KOF hasn’t been thought yet, only Mai until now…and there are no plans to put DOA characters in the KOF franchise.

As for Oda’s next project… Stay tuned for more upcoming information."

You can see the censored version of Angel here:

Cofl3pqUEAAJXku.jpg

https://twitter.com/SNK_Lover/status/758827824924897280

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The Professor (MadMan Cafe) made some corrections for that translation:

http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/bbs/messages/13603.shtml#end

A few things that need to be added from the same Impress Gamewatch article--

1/
Ryu Seira is doing voiceover for the game. She's a VA from China who's now living in Japan so she fits the bill perfectly for a character that talks in both languages. It's probably Meitenkun, not Mian.

2/
There's no off switch for the Rush system, but it wasn't because of Evo.
In the original text Oda says
"There's no on-off switch for the Rush system and we believe that the Rush System has been balanced enough that advanced players won't be able to exploit it. In fact, nobody at Evo was using it, and I believe it's because the advanced players are better off without it."

3/
Oda going on to another SNK title after XIV or talking about patches is misunderstood. This is what he said:

"Updates are something we'll need to think about. Traditionally we released a new KOF on an annual basis, but whether that fits with the customer's need in the modern age is something we need to figure out."

"(For the future of the KOF series) As a creator I want to make it into something new, but players will have a difficult time if the rules keep on changing so its's something of a headache."

Last edited: