KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
What's the general consensus of Neowave and XI. I have them but they're dusty.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
neowave had a kof 01 feel to it, and i couldn't get my self to come off of kof 03 long enough to play XI. but in general XI is loved by most.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I still haven't played King of Fighters XIII for my 360,still sealed.but still play kof 97 and fatal fury special on the regular.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
As long as it's not as bare bones as KOF XIII it should be worthwhile. With Playmore though I'm always cautious.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
XI is great, and serves as a worthy final entry in the series with the classic Neo sprites and graphics. My only complaints are the gameplay can get a little too crazy and complex for its own good, and the final boss is obnoxiously hard even by SNK's standards.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Last time I saw a 3D fighter from SNK it was forgotten about prior to it's release. Who knows, maybe it'll be exceptional...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

Neowave is meh. Nothing really wrong with it, but there's half a dozen KOF's I'd rather play. XI on the other hand, is excellent, but fuck that last boss.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

I only played Neowave on the XB when it came out - it was OK. I wasnt a fan of the filtered low-res sprites, tho.

My friend had XI on AW and we played the shit out of that - I thought it was really well done.

I wish XII had gotten a bit more hype than it got - it was a goddamn sin that the PSN netcode was garbage, because I thought the game played really well.

XIII was fantastic and I wish they had kept the art style for just one more game.

XIV makes me scratch my head like Maximum Impact did - MI felt way too stiff, especially considering that there were so many 3D fighters out at that time that were really well done. You would think that SNKP would've taken cues from Sega and Namco to make a competent 3D fighter.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Is anyone fans of the strikers system in KOF 2001? I certainly was. Bring that back.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
It was fun at the time, but in hindsight I view strikers as when SNK started making things too complicated for their own good.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
I bet they will include those lame dial-a-combos with shitty animations and tired, floaty gameplay. Iori DM camera angles and animations look like it is from maximum impact. Might as well consider it a maximum impact sequel than a traditional KOF game.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Plz bring back some background that dont feel like empty shell.
Wait.
Wont happen.

Some people dont seem to understand that the narrative aspect of a game is at least as important as the gamer/skill aspect.
Building a background (i.e. a picture) is telling stories. Dont let only the techs in the creative aspect of a game, ffs...

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Is anyone fans of the strikers system in KOF 2001? I certainly was. Bring that back.
It was a lot more refined then the '00 striker system. Personally I had more fun with '01 when it 1st came out then I did with '02 when it 1st came out. I eventually started to enjoy '02 more because there was more people playing it.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Ah well, I'm going to try the new KoF when it comes out and see how it goes from there. Even though I love 2D fighters, it's not that 3D ones are automatically crap.

As for KoF2k1, I'm a huge fan of the game but that's another topic. :)

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
gameplay aside I really can't agree with many of you with regards to the latest 2 KOFs that came out. the art direction is horrible.
tasteless.
KOF 96 and 2000 may have been the pinnacle in my opinion, art-wise. I know I'm probably being slightly contraversial but if Playmore introduced anything into the Neo legacy it's mostly been pure mediocrity.
these high rez offerings where rubbish (in the graphics department)

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
gameplay aside I really can't agree with many of you with regards to the latest 2 KOFs that came out. the art direction is horrible.
tasteless.
KOF 96 and 2000 may have been the pinnacle in my opinion, art-wise. I know I'm probably being slightly contraversial but if Playmore introduced anything into the Neo legacy it's mostly been pure mediocrity.
these high rez offerings where rubbish (in the graphics department)
1GnVW7e.gif