KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
That last trailer felt the most 'SNK' out of any of them since the Geese trailer. I am really hoping for good things with this game.

Also, the images from that art book...I remember the glory days of the fight genre when art books for fighting games were in such heavy abundance. How I wish for those days again.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Mexico team looking strong, I like how Dinosaur has some armor similar to Zangief. Ramon supers dont look that great, but i bet his actual gameplay and mixup is good. Im not mad about this trailer at all.
I do agree king dinosaur or kind of the dinosaurs is a better name

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
You may want to wait till more details about PS4.5 surface.

btw, during interviews, the devs keep insisting Dinosaur is not Tizoc.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Is there a better image of that Mai theme, one that doesn't have all the graphics? That picture's awesome.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Loved Angel and Dinosaur in this trailer. The stage is among the best in the game. I don't know how I feel about the music. I used to hate it when I listened to it during early matches, but perhaps it's growing in me now.

Ramon is meh. Always has been to me. Although I would say the animations now make him look less-stupid. As much as they tried, his animations and the opponent's animations always looked off in 2D.

Is there a better image of that Mai theme, one that doesn't have all the graphics? That picture's awesome.

Not as far as I know. There is an early sketch of it on the LE's soundtrack cover though.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I did a quick edit to see the difference:

ss-CeM2szmVIAAUsHi.png ss-CloEZARWIAAT88X2.png

ss-CeM2szmVIAAUsHi2.png ss-CloEZARWIAAT88X.png

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Uh this is based on a previous discussion in this thread, where some of us thought the color tone in some of the backgrounds is too dark.

The aquarium stage is one of few stages that I'm not happy with, so I thought I would do a quick edit to see how it would look (it's just a quick crappy job. I'm sure someone can do a better job), hoping it would look more like the original illustration:

CgE1WfeUIAAzk8z.jpg

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
So weak, given some of the crap that gets more focus.

Evo generally doesn't do main stage tournaments for unreleased games. Then again, like 50 people in America have played Tekken 7 so what the fuck do I know?

If this game has any competitive legs, it'll be in all of the major tournaments next year including Evo.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
People may want to watch this match, especially the last round. It came after a 1:1 tie. Crazy shit.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Uh this is based on a previous discussion in this thread, where some of us thought the color tone in some of the backgrounds is too dark.

The aquarium stage is one of few stages that I'm not happy with, so I thought I would do a quick edit to see how it would look (it's just a quick crappy job. I'm sure someone can do a better job), hoping it would look more like the original illustration:

View attachment 37325

The top one looks more natural, whereas the bottom one has more detail. Don't care for the brightness of the lamps on the bottom one. A compromise between the two would be good.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Terry plays like I remember him. Just a great rush down character. Can't wait for this.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I nearly fell off my chair when I saw this earlier! YES! More Mai is fantastic news, and she's looking spot on in LR.
Still buzzing on this, can't believe Tecmo got SEGA and SNK in the same game!

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
It's good to see Ramon in the game again. I liked his design from the first time I saw grainy videos of him in KOF 2000. However, I hope his classic look is also available. I'm not too keen on the super busy, Ed Hardy/Affliction amount of patterns on his outfit. Less is more. More patterns & type on clothes definitely doesn't mean better and SNK used to understand this. More realistic/simple designs for character costumes is better as it's less distracting and easier to make out the shape and animation of each fighter as they move quickly.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
What would be the icing on this awesome cake is if they commissioned Shinkiro to do the artwork. Maybe for 15.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
the way things have been going for Capcom maybe they wont even have to commission him. He'll just come home.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Tecmo: I see your Akuma and rise you a Mai Shiranui

Interest level: BONER

Got a mixed feeling about this. I was a huge fan of DoA5 on release. It was basically VF aesthetics infused into DoA's fun and fluid gameplay. If I had one complaint, it was the domination of female characters in the roster.

By the time Last Round came out with Hinoka, she became the "face" of the game and now it's flooded with overpriced destructible costumes. At this point, I am just waiting for DoA6, and hoping they would go back to the same art direction of DoA5 on its initial release, and dump the T&A shit on DoAX3.

But fuck it, Mai is too awesome to miss :D

------------

By the way, KOFXIV's final build was displayed live for the first time in Japan Expo 2016 in Paris (during a presentation only).

You can see the presentation in these 2 links:

Part 1

Part 2

Not sure if there are any new information within, but you can see gameplay of Mian, Mature and Zarina.

Cm9f8HDXEAA1VD6.jpg

TheBund.jpg

TheOldCastle.jpg

Cm6s-kLW8AISRcY.jpg

Cm6tcWdW8AE1-4X.jpg

Also, we got a confirmation that King of Dinosaurs is actually Tizoc, and he is still being named "King" in the official website:

Cmzrv71WEAAFoKv.jpg

KOD.jpg

Last edited: