KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Okay so, I've been away from this site since Sept '15. Had stuff going on "in real life". Anyway, I took it upon myself to read the entire thread - from beginning to end/now.

I'm really surprised at the positivity this is receiving on the whole, here on NG.com. Which is actually good. My angle is:

I saw the initial release trailer for the game, saw it was horrendous levels of Maximum Impact 3D gfx (I too dubbed it MI3, in my own mind) and have completely dismissed it since. Having come back to the site and seeing 13 pages of discussion, I'll admit, I was curious to see the angle on all the discussion and, overwhelmingly, it's been very positive.

The truth is, I've gone from someone who dismissed the game as tragic to someone who is now quite anticipating playing the game. I have to admit, it's gotten better, trailer by trailer (sans Silvie). Howver, the real uplifting factor (if I'm honest) is all the positivity you've all shown towards the game as it's been progressing. It's shallow, I know, but I've definitely been caught up in it all over that last... 650posts! I'm definitely converted and, I too am now happy to simply accept KOFXIV for what it is as opposed to what everyone wants it to be. I won't be buying a PS4 for it (I'm still PS3 devout) but happy to play it round a friends house, as they'll DEFINITELY buy it, day one.

Just to address some older points from pages past:

the frame animation seems identical...can be a good sign

It's probably a bit of leap on my part but... the original sprites for XII/XIII were actually drawn OVER 3D character models. Potentially, SNKP just pulled out the raw models they used originally (highly likely) and just altered them accordingly. That, imo, is why the animation matches, which, I feel, is a really good starting point as the gameplay from XIII was highly celebrated throughout. Definitely good foundations imo.

i am by no means at ALL even close to a pro level fighting game player, but does anyone else feel like the distancing between characters on screen is too large? i feel like they spend tons of time running back and forth to get near one another to fight.

Absolutely. Yes. As much as I like XIII, I feel the distancing between characters is FAAAR too much. I much prefer the close distancing of SF and FF titles. Makes the fighting much more immediate. As much as I like looking at and playing XIII, this aspect really hurts the game for me vs my personal tastes. It's obviously an excellent game though. I'd just rather play XI instead. That, along with 98UM & 02UM, were that last and best KOF's against what I like about KOF in general. All 3 are amazing games...

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I'm really happy SNKP dropped that early teaser for the game, and got such negative feedback. It looks like they heard it, and made substantial improvements. Love that the Dimps folks are involved, too. This has a Rumble Fish kind of look and movement to it, and I am digging it a lot. This went from a joke of a release to potentially out shinning SF5 and its dismal release. Pretty surprised, overall, but very happy. Looking forward to this one.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Loving the new backgrounds:

25395141663_749ba7a28c_b.jpg

25395140513_730265e1a3_b.jpg

25929625251_6228f10485_b.jpg

25391661844_7e75d60955_b.jpg

So, word is that new chick (Luong) could be Kim's master wife, not Kim's.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I feel like a little girl all over again...but then again I always get like this with games that I'm really rooting for, I'm pumped and can't wait to have some matches with everyone here, grow together, get to experience a bit of SNK in todays standards, it'll be fun!

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
yeah, it will be cool, im always the guy that gets into shit too late. It sucks cause i really get into things too.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I will be getting it late since I can't afford a PS4 atm... but it doesn't matter too much, I'll suck whether I play it first day or not.

Kou

Banned
YOu have plenty of time anyway. YOu can get a Ps4 in the middle of the year :P

Offtopic:
If your're (maybe only a small, tiny, LITTLE BIT! :D) interested in leveling up your gameplay/"VS fighting brain", go on and visit the "insert Game" at Solingen. It's a registred fighting game society and you can play everything over there.
http://www.insertgame.de

xsq

Offtopic:
If you're (maybe only a small, tiny, LITTLE BIT! :D) interested in leveling up your gameplay/"VS fighting brain", go on and visit the "insert Game" at Solingen. It's a registered fighting game society and you can play everything over there.
http://www.insertgame.de
Solingen is 1.5 hours away from me... so, no. But thanks for the link.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Nah, just don't take my Nietzsche quotes seriously. It already didn't go well in the 30's.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
shut_up_and_take_my_money-t2.jpg

Edit:

Joe.jpg

Adding Ryo was a lovely homage to FFS. Sheer awesomeness.

Last edited:

xsq

they have to change the music... please tell me that shit is just for the trailers and not in-game.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Hell yes!!!!! South Town Team looking good. YEah the intro is pretty sick with all the reversals.

i didnt even hear the music since im engraving some metal parts, too loud, just saw the vid lol, is it that bad?