KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
That trailer is what you inject into a person's heart when they gone chase the dragon too much. If it where a word it's be ggggggwhhaaaaagghhrrrrrrugh

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

Does "sign on to any PS4 console to access their entire digital game library" mean I'd be able to play digital games I bought on PS3 also (like Real Bout Collection, SS6, etc.)? If so, that's a huge step forward towards me getting a PS4.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Does "sign on to any PS4 console to access their entire digital game library" mean I'd be able to play digital games I bought on PS3 also (like Real Bout Collection, SS6, etc.)? If so, that's a huge step forward towards me getting a PS4.

No, PS4 is not backward compatible with any previous system, including the entire PS3's digital library.

In fact, a separate PS2 digital library is being built for the PS4, so don't hold your breath over a future possibility of letting you access your PS3 digital purchases on PS4.

XBox on the other hand .....

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
No, PS4 is not backward compatible with any previous system, including the entire PS3's digital library.

In fact, a separate PS2 digital library is being built for the PS4, so don't hold your breath over a future possibility of letting you access your PS3 digital purchases on PS4.

XBox on the other hand .....
Oh, well. But at least if the Neo games eventually become available for it... I don't mind buying select titles again. It was about $12 for the Real Bout compilation on PS3. I wouldn't mind paying that much for it again.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Same here, specially if they work on the netcode but I know I'm just daydreaming...

Wouldn't mind a little NTM PS4 online? LB2 was just released, haven't checked it out yet, I'll prolly will...

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Vice looks great, hated the pant suit. I hope the announcer in the trailer isn't used in game, sounds horrible.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
There are some videos of the on-going PS Arena event demo in Korea but no new content or interesting matches:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Hai gaiz, I just wanna know if Sylvie will be included in the mega ultra rare pre-order only season pack...

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
The game looks slow and floaty based off of those videos.

Slow I don't mind. Floaty, I do.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

I'm not getting floaty from the videos. Not compared to other fighters with 3D graphics.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
CeEfs2pUsAEZ5AL.png

CeJo1xdUAAAbjAV.jpg

I wish the second stage has the same color tone and scale in the actual game. not only the upper part (which looks great) is not visible from the gameplay angle, but it will also be partially covered by the HUD.

CeJo9MCUsAAVWqK.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, I wish the stages felt a little closer...more in your face...I dunno how to explain it but they're still nice, not a deal breaker for a 3D game.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Agreed, the stages all feel fairly distant, and the colors are fairly washed out. It makes the stages and characters look very dull compared to their 2D renditions (except for KOF 2001 and 2002 which were dull looking as hell).

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
the match vid wouldnt been so bad if they werent scrubbing out the first few rounds. I like billy but he was complete trash. And damn, so you can trap ppl in the corner with the super follow up with iori. Looks like mixup central, possibly.
I agree with everyone about the bland stages, def takes away from the action of the game.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Out of the videos I've seen, this one was the only decent one:

BTW, I'm reading this new Sylvie character is a former NESTS member.

Also, regarding the stages, I'm less worried now that they started putting stuff in the backgrounds. You can compare the Mexican stage in each trailer:

6th trailer:

6th-trailer.jpg

7th trailer. Notice the dome on the right of the green building is replaced to be more visible:

7th-trailer.jpg

8th trailer. Added people in the background, which looks good in action:

8th-trailer.jpg

Another change I noticed is the ring platform placement in the Super Arena stage between early screens and later ones. You can notice the field is more visible in the 2nd pic:

superarena1.jpg

superarena2.jpg

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
great trailer, Athena doing that Freeza super ball.
The boxer looks pretty sick. Def gonna pick him up.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection

In your personal Hell, you'd be forced to play Virtua Fighter for eternity.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Both of the new characters look great. The boxer seems really promising. Glad it's not Heavy D haha