KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Slight bit of hyperbole there on my part, but you're right, it was never Merlin or Gandalf length.

It did look more robust in his previous appearances though. I'm going to say that its due to the 3D models having hair in solid pieces (Kula is a great example of this in her screenshots) rather than how its done with sprites, or actual true, blue PS4 quality renders.

tung1.gif

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Glad to finally get confirmation on Tung. My main character in RB2, and I'm always happy to see anyone from Fatal Fury. Still waiting on Jubei Yamada. That would have got me to buy a PS4 on the spot.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
37900128.jpg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Just watched the 7th trailer on the SNKP site. Looks fine and all but what shits me the most is the lack of background detail. By detail I mean atmosphere, it's just so bland in that way. These backgrounds that I've seen so far don't make me feel like they're fighting anywhere in particular, just another 'ring'. In the Neo KOF's I always felt for the most part that you were fighting somewhere.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Dude...no, yes there is a ring like setup in every stage but there are details reminiscing of older KOFs, dude, come on, didn't that take you back a little bit?!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Dude...no, yes there is a ring like setup in every stage but there are details reminiscing of older KOFs, dude, come on, didn't that take you back a little bit?!

I don't think I've ever gotten over the NG center KOF'95 stage or the KOF'98 street stage.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
My favorite stage ever is the AOF '95 stage, BGM too...although '98 AOF BGM is also one of my top favorites ones...imagine that recreated on 3D, elevator and all...that was sublime, that's the SNK I'll always love. I don't take these new stuff the same way, what we loved is gone...but that doesn't mean it's devoid of quality.

I know this is going to sound out there but I really like how MK9 did the stages, they're all 3D but the sense of proximity is there, everything is palpable and in your face, I love it and wonder why didn't SF4 or 5 took the same approach. It bring me back to the 2D layers on BG that used to move independently, it was so great, everything just felt great having that small improvement.

Last edited:

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Not even close. Vanessa>Rick>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Axel Hawk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Michael Max>Heavy D

Man, Vanessa would be awesome.

It keeps looking better and better. I was afraid all the characters would be decked out like kpop stars. I'm really excited about tung. I like what they did with his transformation although I'll miss the magical repairs on his ripped clothes.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Heavy D '98 SNK World Heavy Weight Champion...The pride of USA.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
What about Franco bash, the game needs some more large characters
Franco comes in right after Rick and way before Axel.

Heavy D '98 SNK World Heavy Weight Champion...The pride of USA.
Heavy D was not the champ in '98. I saw him on Hollywood Blvd walking in traffic, talking to himself and wearing MC Hammer pants with some kind of white powdery substance all down the left side of his face. He is the pride of jack shit.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You know Ralf Jones is the god damn man right...Galactik Phantumm...right, he is powerful kicks tail left and right and sees everyone else in KOF as a bunch of prima donas...and he's right...but let's see...who does Ralf, coolest cat in town, like to hang with? You know it, the supah fly...Heavy D, get down, get down...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I never really got into the sports team but I loved the fact that there was one. Unique characters that while you don't always use them, you most definitely fight against them. I too am sick of dainty new characters.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Ionno maybe its just me it still comes off as cheap looking. I mean its not as bad as I originally thought it looked but it for sure isnt what I want from SNK.

In a dream world Arc Sys would magically own all of SNK's ips and work all of them in acysys styling.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I don't think I've ever gotten over the NG center KOF'95 stage or the KOF'98 street stage.

I think the biggest failing of these stages is that they feel empty. There's nothing really going on in terms of motion or action behind the scenes. I also think that the scaling is a bit weird. The areas seem really big relative to the size of the characters fighting. Aside from that they look great.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Maybe they are actually thinking about online play and putting no animations in the backgrounds would make it so we don't have to pick one stage like in sf4 when playing online.
I really hope besides making a great fighter they are taking netcoding serious

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Maybe they are actually thinking about online play and putting no animations in the backgrounds would make it so we don't have to pick one stage like in sf4 when playing online.
I really hope besides making a great fighter they are taking netcoding serious
Does any developer really take netcode seriously? I think you're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you think its a priority for devs. Most games dont even come out with half their features and on top of that are broken day 1.