KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Cool, I'm really digging the stages, they certainly have that KOF Atmosphere...nice to know you'll be re-joining the fight.

After so many years going by, I do not need adult Kyo wearing a school uniform. It would be creepy.

I hear you...but he still looks like a kid...at least give us back the 99 jacket, that new jacket looks very generic. Iori's classic outfit kick the shit out of everything they have designed for him...at least we know we'll get them as alternate costumes...hopefully.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I have to agree with EG here. These characters are essentially ageless regardless of the passage of time.

If the storyline doesn't specifically say that time has passed, then age appropriate gear that communicates an aging process or a change in priorities is irrelevant.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Same here, I wouldn't want Mickey Mouse to grow whiskers all of the sudden...

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Id wear to outfit if it meant getting schoolgirls......

But as said before, ppl arent going to be weirded out by a older guy wearing the uniform or a dude dressed like a fkn dinosaur

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The Tizoc/Griffon Mask Dinosaur skin was a genius thouch...

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Pro wrestlers can dress however the fuck they want as long as they act in accordance with their gimmick.

Kane and Undertaker are two perfect examples of wrestlers the fans accepted at face value.

Plus...fighting game. All it needs to do is make sense relative to its own universe.

The people being 'weirded out' by pro wrestlers in dinosaur outfits in a video game need to take a deep breath and remember it's not real and that in these highly stylized fictional worlds, the people that feel that way are the oddballs.

Not the dinosaur wrestlers.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I like it, always loved the animal like characters

Rock: Souledge/Blade Whether you prefer the Bear, the Rhino, or whatever they are all awesome!
Ocadan: Soulcaibur (3?or 4?) So awesome!
King: Tekken...oh the god damn man!
Who am I forgetting?...

Tizoc/Griffon Mask is such an awesome concept. I was working on a wrestling comic book...just a personal project with my GF a fellow artist, in it I have made quite a few characters but among them Condor, the greatest wrestler of all time, think of Atlantis and Dragon put together, the celebration of Dragon and the prowess of Atlantis, the outfits I made for the entrance were bordering on the extravagant...one of these days I'll post some pics...No beak mask, just a straight up mask but he wears a helm with a beak during his entrance...

The reason I chose a Condor wasn't originality, the character has been played out before in wrestling but it was never implemented well, I know what how pro-wrestling works, very familiar with costumes and what have you so my design reflected that, I was going for a new style, I wanted my drawings to contain more realism and thus I concentrated a lot on Fabrics and how clothes work with the human body...painted on spandex can get a bit tedious...I followed Cassidy I this his work on Astonishing X-Men was superb, his attention to fabrics was excellent, specially on Wolverine.

Edit: In case you don't know, The Condor is the national emblem of Colombia, I can only pay tribute the right way!

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
There will be a demo by the end of this month in Korea in addition to next month's demo in Japan. So hopefully more trailers with new contents.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
i agree, im not saying ppl will be weirded out by the dino costume, they wont be little less think about kyo's age and whats he wearing. I like the dino skin. Nice change for the "bah bah chicken head"....

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Personally I prefer Tizoc over King of the Dinosaurs. The Tail Flip thing seemed silly for a Pro Wrestler. Almost Kaijuesque. I'm sure I'll get over it though.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I want both the Griffon Mask and the Dinosaur King...gotta have them both as alternate outfits...praying hard...not really a religious man but this seems like the right time to pray...

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
seems like a strongly worded letter along with a online petition seems more viable than doing something your not comfortable with lol

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
bah...fuck the internet shenanigans...I'm praying like MC Hammer on a rehash V1 classic...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice! I rarely come up with good lines so I'm glad you think so...lol.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Sure thing! I'll have to make a mental note not to bust it out unless the person I mention it to is a minimum of 30 years old.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
like the new screenshots...
need to save moneyz. (and built a PS4 stick)

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
They keep adding pics every other day here:

CdBGKoxVAAAzAUg.jpg

CdF1XfhVIAAeNc9.jpg

CdK4E7mUUAASPwX.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Sure thing! I'll have to make a mental note not to bust it out unless the person I mention it to is a minimum of 30 years old.

lol, I'm so not used to think I'm in my 30's and I'm just about to cross into the 40's...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That's my second in command in FFS and RBS...well 4th really if you count Geese and Krauser but I don't 'cause they're too powerful.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Old Weirdo Team?

Kinda bummed Tung doesn't have his wizard quality beard, otherwise I'm glad to see him. Choi and Chin have always been meh for me since the first KOF, but it makes sense to include them.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Wait a minute...what wizard beard...his facial hair has never been that crazy...