KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

Elder

NEST Puppet
Like I said in the Last Blade 2 thread, I'm glad they gave SNKP some love during the keynote. I'm still not digging the style, but at the very least it looks like it's going to be jammed with characters and interesting gameplay.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
There is a message at the end of the trailer that states the obvious - that it represents a work in progress. I'm getting more and more pumped for this game. Will it be better than GGXrd or SFV? No. But I'm betting that it will be worth playing at least and I am happy to see SNKP putting themselves out there.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
lol at the complaints, it's crazy, it really is...
why?
they are opinions. I was there with 94 and I'm keeping an eye on what's going down 21 odd years later (fuck me I'm old).
can't help state what I see. it looks plastic, chinese made. whatever though, the gameplay could be fun.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
The new trailer never really did it for me, and why do they always close out with kyo doing that DP and that lame ass music? I have seen the gameplay, and it feels floaty and lacks that impact previous games had. Hit effects sound like you are hitting pillow, and the backgrounds look weak as hell. Character design could be better with more shaders and lighting applied. 50 characters is nice though. Bring back geese pls.

The gameplay looks fun, maybe they should have kept it as a side series similar to Street Fighter EX/KOF: Maximum Impact though. As the animation style in KOF 13 was beautifully crafted. The 2D hand drawn style is simply home for most fighting games. Except Mortal Kombat where I always enjoyed the photo captured look and wish they kept it to this day. It really sold a certain movie-like factor.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
The new trailer never really did it for me, and why do they always close out with kyo doing that DP and that lame ass music? I have seen the gameplay, and it feels floaty and lacks that impact previous games had. Hit effects sound like you are hitting pillow, and the backgrounds look weak as hell. Character design could be better with more shaders and lighting applied. 50 characters is nice though. Bring back geese pls.

If the rumored roster is real then he'll be back!

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
The gameplay looks fun, maybe they should have kept it as a side series similar to Street Fighter EX/KOF: Maximum Impact though. As the animation style in KOF 13 was beautifully crafted. The 2D hand drawn style is simply home for most fighting games. Except Mortal Kombat where I always enjoyed the photo captured look and wish they kept it to this day. It really sold a certain movie-like factor.

They don't have the money to keep hand drawing the series.

Last edited:
If the funding required to hire artists wasn't available, they might have sought an exclusive development deal with Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo for the project. Brand quality is massively important to any of SNK's franchises since they've been a bit out of the limelight in recent years. Yes, they'd have to share profits and possibly be a little looser on control of their IPs but it could be necessary to get back in the game. That said, I look forward to this latest 3D KOF project especially after the recent videos. Fun gameplay is what matters.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Yuck, if this is just gonna be KOF 98 all over, but ugly as sin, why don't I just play KOF 98? Has max mode from 2002 and looks like 2001 style Iori. Over all, what new thing does this have to offer? Andy's model makes me sick to look at.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
This game looks like a hot mess. If it plays good though, who gives a fuck. I would have played he hell out of Max Impact if it wasn't an awful fighting engine.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I'm much less skeptical after watching people play it (in particular, Xiao Hai and Dakou who are two world-class Chinese KoF players). It definitely looks like they got the speed and rhythm of a KoF game right which is a hell of a lot more than you can say for the shit Max Impact games. The 3D still doesn't look great (though definitely better than that first god-awful trailer) but considering that SNKP is now a hollowed-out husk of its former self, this is about as good as you can hope for. They don't have the money or manpower to invest in tech that Capcom or even ArcSys has.

Now just curious to see if that leaked roster was accurate. If so, super weird.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Famitsu Interview:

- The drive gauge is removed
- Going into MAX mode requires a power stock
- EX moves can only be done in MAX mode now
- Blow back attacks have a push effect that allows you to follow it up with another attack
- The game is 70% complete

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'll buy it after I get the info on the netcode. Andy shit is hilarious.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
this is about as good as you can hope for.
have to agree here. I'm getting more and more curious about how this will play, doesn't seem to be as bad as I expected.

Aesthetically it still doesn't look good to me though (even Leona).

Shanadria

New Challenger
By the way, if Geese and Angel are involved, should we think KOF 14 as a dream match? not story related, I mean

I like the way the game is getting better....