KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,

guys here it is in 1080p. the grafix certainly look better from the last trailer and looks like they added a little bit more style to the models. Also, the background in the first area of is more detailed compared to what is was in the 1st trailer.

Actually after watching that, I would have to say it looks better than I expected, and I wished that they just kept it in the normal 2D fashion, but, if this game winds up being at least better than the other 3D garbage that they made in the past, I might take a look at it, and buy a copy on the PS4. I mean at least they are working with the best hardware possible, (that is not PC), and if they keep it exclusive to the PS4, and work hard to make it really work perfectly on that hardware, it might end up pretty good. Most everything made exclusively on PS3/PS4 hardware ended up looking and being pretty damn good.

Online however, I can't even be bothered to believe that SNK is going to make a damn thing online worthwhile, especially after bothering with their shit online performances with the normal 2D Neo-Geo games on the Neo-GeoStation. If they cannot get something like League Bowling or Baseball Stars Professional working online properly, then they have no chance doing a fighting game online. lol

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I am hoping this is a 3D game on a 2D plane like SF4. Otherwise yawn. But if not, then woohoo

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i believe the final product may be satisfactory.but i'm probably still going to pass on this one,unless the roster they announced is in fact real.playing as kim's master?,i'm in.

Shanadria

New Challenger
I dont think the chacter select was that "Thing" in the video xD

Otherwise, I hope an improvement in the graphics, Im not a graphic whore but, come on, KOF need to be updated

Shanadria

New Challenger
My favorites are Terry Bogard and Mai Shiranui so I dont think they will be out of the game :P

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
They are making changes to the graphics. Compare the last trailer with the new one. Kyo's jacket after Chang's spinning ball move. Iori looks more detailed too. Leona's boobs jiggle a little bit now. I'm sure there are more differences. At least we know they're working on it. The backgrounds are generic compared to the hand drawn games, but hopefully they'll eventually become par with Street Fighter V.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Yeah they are improving, but it's still far below the acceptable level, unless they vastly improve the 3D models and backgrounds.

I think the fireballs and visual effects got improved. They look ok now.

The game will have a playable form next week at PS Experience.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Yeah they are improving, but it's still far below the acceptable level, unless they vastly improve the 3D models and backgrounds.

I think the fireballs and visual effects got improved. They look ok now.

The game will have a playable form next week at PS Experience.

I just really want a new KOF. XIII looks beautiful, but I fucking sucked at it. I want to be good at KOF again. There is an arcade around here that has some UM cabinets which I need to visit more often, but the closest two arcades to me only have the original '98 and '02. That's great, but I miss playing UM against other people. I was excited last year when the UMs came out on steam, but about a week after '98 UM's release I couldn't find any matches (I bought it solely for the purpose of playing online). Not the end of the world or anything, but I was disappointed.

Now that I think about it, the graphics are not my biggest concern. The last two installments failed horribly in this department. I'm talking about online play. That is actually what I care about the most. If it looks pretty, that's great. I need online play though. I don't live in a place where there are tons of tournaments all the time. That makes me wonder if this'll get an arcade release or not. I hope it does, but if the online experience is good I will be happy.

Don't fuck up the online play SNK! Please!

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Why do they keep releasing trailers that only make the game look bad. They need to wait till they have something worth showing.

Poor Andy. He looks awful and boring.

I wouldn't hold my breath for good online play. Everyone will be playing sfv instead.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Why do they keep releasing trailers that only make the game look bad. They need to wait till they have something worth showing.

I wouldn't hold my breath for good online play. Everyone will be playing sfv instead.

yea,this is destined to be over shadowed by street fighter v. sfv is a fresh start for the franchise,where as so far with kof 14, we've all seen it before and better.

He got AIDS

does this mean mai has aids? :(

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

Exactly. They need to just shut up and work on this quietly behind the scenes until its presentable.

It was looking better from the previous trailer but now this trailer resets the counter back to one for me.

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
The animations seem choppy... like it's missing some frames.
Hopefully we'll have a better idea when we'll see some real gameplay.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
The animations seem choppy... like it's missing some frames.
Hopefully we'll have a better idea when we'll see some real gameplay.

Seriously - the animations are the worst part. But I agree they are improving. I wonder which will disappoint me more - a new star wars movie or this :lolz:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
well, that comparison was interesting... Kyo still looks like a girl though.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Ok, Kyo got some improvements...
Now they just need to do the same work with the others...

... especially Andy!!!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Now they just need to do the same work with the others...
... especially Andy!!!
yes, maybe we'll finally get a new Gals' Fighters (or rather a Trans' Fighters) out of this! I think that'd be hot.