KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Guess they're saving the best for last. Assuming its Shingo.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Is there any word on when these characters are being released?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Is there any word on when these characters are being released?

Whip: April 5th for $6

The rest are said to be "coming soon".

Since they are all being revealed a week apart and before the first DLC (Whip) is out, I'm guessing either they are all going to be out together (April 5th) or a week apart on the same order / timing of their reveal.

I'm also curious about the stages. I need those badly.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Supposedly Rock Howard has been leaked. Looking to confirm.

Oda posted a vaguebook status that he's "pissed off".

Edit - Pic attached. You be the judge.

17474779_1182518748543761_624248465_n.png

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The source was a Chinese player (ET) who deleted it shortly after tweeting.

Seems legit given Oda's status, and this would debunk the DLC rumor list.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
He all but confirmed it on his post. He's understandably upset that there's been two leaks in a row.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Oh wow! That is a pleasant surprise. Was totally prepared for Shingo, but this is A+ news.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Interesting. I still think the DLC list is at least partially true. It was announced before the game was released. Who's to say that was the ultra secret character NO ONE could talk about. I still hope Blue Mary is in the game.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I have a mixed feeling about it. I LOVE KOFXIV, but I still think SNK can do much better at this point and I would rather see them move on to other projects, and eventually to KOFXV, on which I would rather see them build their new content. 50 characters is already a huge number, and while a few extra additions would be nice, having full 16 additional characters (17 now with Rock) is a long stretch.

On the other hand, and as I mentioned, I'm having so much fun with the game (just needs minor balance tweaks, some BG improvements, classic costumes, and more soundtrack options) and that list has a number of personal favourites. Also, since they moved to 3D, most of the game's animation resources can be reused for the next game.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Supposedly Rock Howard has been leaked. Looking to confirm.

Oda posted a vaguebook status that he's "pissed off".

Edit - Pic attached. You be the judge.

View attachment 43720

As awesome as that is, it annoys the fuck out of me because one of my best friends has been getting EVERY DAMN one of his favorite characters in this game

He keeps saying well it still doesn't have Rock so he still doesn't have everything

whelp...lol

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I don't know if I believe it. Rock's jacket doesn't have a bunch of tasteless overly detailed designs on it.

I'll believe it when we see a leaked screen of an ass closeup during his raising storm.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Maybe this is all planned, and they are doing this on purpose so everyone will be caught off guard when its actually SHINGO!

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Maybe this is all planned, and they are doing this on purpose so everyone will be caught off guard when its actually SHINGO!

I don't think they are that stupid to shoot themselves on the foot like that. It would piss off a lot of fans.

BUT ..... what if Rock is planned for another DLC batch, and he was somehow leaked before the 4th DLC character? This would make sense as to why the devs are so upset, because they know Rock's fans would be so pissed off.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Considering I'm a big Rock fan, I can wait. As long as the 4 characters are getting released April 4th and I still have the other 50 to play I'm still happy. If this was SFV and they leaked dlc character I would give a fuck about then maybe I would be a bit more testy.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Vanessa gameplay (click on pic for video):

Screenshots:

C7v_8u0U8AI0mZa.jpg

C75FCBMVsAA8AYs.jpg