KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Goenitz, forgive him, for he knows not what he says.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

NICE! Yuri looks awesome. A HUGE improvement over that 13 abomination. Still wish they would go back to her fight stance from 96. She looked so strong in that one.

latest

Last edited:

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Regardless of how this game looks..... if SNK ever wanted to dethrone Street Fighter this is their shot. Really hope we get some sort of story mode. I would love to see what's going on with the fatal fury cast. All of them!.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Random shit from twitter:

Note sure where he / she got the AoF stage from but we will know on Thursday:
CjmJTjvXIAAq_jJ.jpg

Chyfi17VAAA6JrO.jpg

Ci8tRqRVEAIT47k.jpg

CjjAEg9W0AQZ75R.jpg

Line waiting to try the game in Japan
CjsYmlMWYAEQqzi.jpg

CjmTgPVVEAE3twG.jpg

CivDlhwW0AE9gxO.jpg

CjhG0QAUoAIGtyv.jpg

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
really looking forward to playing this one... wow, never thought I'd get hype for a new SNK release...

Katsu

Crazed MVS Addict
I finally broke down and pre-ordered it. I don't have high hopes for it though. The move to 3D... I'm not so sure.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Its going to play exactly like any of the previous 2D games, so I wouldn't be concerned about the 3D outside of aesthetics.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
that shining spoof is too frkn good!!!! lol

Man im really waiting for the Thursday of Villian Team and SouthTown Team.

I might as well preorder , dont have a ps4 yet but i will def be on this. Im actually more into this than SFV overall. I was hype as hell when they announced Alex, but now after playing ALOT of sfa3 SFV just isnt all good as i thought. What is really cool is KOF will be one of the main fighters for the ps4 console so there will be alot of ppl picking up kof/snk characters for the first time and possibly getting hooked

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
FYI, The cover says "PS4 console exclusive", which may hint for a future PC release:

kofxiv_cover.jpg

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
i broke down and pre-ordered the steelbook edition of this game.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
apparently this week's team trailer will be delayed until later today or tomorrow. Also, the KOF Station Channel icon now says "Coming Soon" at the official website.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I half see it the same way as you, 2D is directly related to single plane. 3D breaks the mechanic and it transforms this and other vs fighting games into something a bit... redundant.
The art is gone, the aesthetic no longer correlates to the tradition of art and animation. It breaks with something that was until recently literally a thousand years in the making. To reiterate my distaste for things such as alternate costumes, especially in games such as SFV (which has nothing of its Japanesecentric past), back when the characters where sprites, such a thing was rare, but when done it was a thing of care and attention because it was hand drawn and the character and what he bore where one. Now it's just a frenzy of meaningless apparel. The characters tend to be lifeless mannequins. No artist made them. Just some programmer

This game is not worth it, just stick to KOF XIII Climax.
Vote with your wallet.
/thread

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
This game is not worth it, just stick to KOF XIII Climax.
Vote with your wallet.
/thread

Art is about always moving forward. I've played KOF since '94.. and always loved the bitmap 2D work. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the skill and labor that went into Neo-Geo games. However, we can all always play them. The future is now. And now is realizing KOF with polygon graphics, but with 2D gameplay. I hope this is the first of a steady progression of games that get better with time. I'm sure the next KOF will be even better looking. SNK is trying to stay relevant. I like this game and wish them the best.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Art is about always moving forward. I've played KOF since '94.. and always loved the bitmap 2D work. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the skill and labor that went into Neo-Geo games. However, we can all always play them. The future is now. And now is realizing KOF with polygon graphics, but with 2D gameplay. I hope this is the first of a steady progression of games that get better with time. I'm sure the next KOF will be even better looking. SNK is trying to stay relevant. I like this game and wish them the best.

Kof was boring after 2003, IMO. But then, from the heavens came 12 & 13.

Everyone knows Street Fighter IV/V is way way more lame than Street Fighter 3 Third Strike. SNK is just following suit. They finally get it right again and... Meh. Who are they appealing to? SNK isn't going to steal modern Crapcom Fans.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Does Mak, G-Front or Coin-Op Express have the Hyper Neo-Geo 64 kits for this yet?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Once again, for those legitimately excited for this release, my apologies. My heart just sank when I saw what they did with this latest KOF installment.