KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I don't have a problem with money matches when it's done right. You shouldn't be trying to hustle some newb or (noob for that matter) out of $5 and you shouldn't disrupt everybody to hold one.

Some of the ones I see on stream are pretty entertaining. I especially like salty suite ones at tourneys.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Yeah, money matches should be only be for afew ppl, not a way to gain a buck from a stranger, that is stupid and those are the kind of ppl its ok to call trash. lol But seriously yeah, ppl have no shame.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yeah, money matches are definitely a big part of the scene. Don't see why anyone would have a problem with that. It's an ego thing but it's also a way to push yourself in non-tournament situations or settle grudges/rematches from tournament. Now, people getting booted from BYO sections does suck. Any good tournament will generally try to have enough stations so that that doesn't happen but the usual solution is to bring your own shit and if anyone tries to boot you off, you tell them to fuck off.

I've never personally had that issue but I know it does happen and it sucks. Apparently very frequently with the Smash Bros people but that's a whole other thing.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Smash ppl are fkn ridiculous, sorry to any of u smash players that aren't dicks on here. I don't even want to get into them.
But I've never had any issues like Baka ran into. In houston I guess ppl have enough common sense and courtesy to bring their own setups. It also helps if the venue owner is actually active in the community and knows what's going on. The "I had no idea they were gonna do that!" Does not cut it.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Has anyone made a guide for which characters have pre-fight conversations with each other? Looked around and I couldn't find anything.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I agree with 100 proof when it comes to the FGC community. I have been playing competitively off and on since 06, and i have never ran into issues with other players or top players. I was at combo breaker this year and got some good sets in with LPN, and Nicki (Flugor player in KI) and had no issues, and no egos were present. There will always be bad seeds in anything. But the scene as a whole is way more open then other competitive games.

Anyway, back on topic. How has online been for you guys. It still is smooth for me, but i hear people say its been getting worse each day.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Spotty. Full bar matches that are pretty bad. Then 2 bars that are overseas matches that feel great.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
They have the online manual when you go to play on the PS4 it's one of the options below the pic. Unless you just want it for collectors purposes then nevermind.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
A friend brought his PS4 and a copy of the game over a couple weeks ago. Hooked up the HRAP3 and luckily it supports what they're calling 'legacy controllers' What a complete load of fucking crap because it's a USB device and a driver is all that's needed.

Anyway I liked the game, flows pretty well in game. One thing I did notice however was the huge tits every female has in this game, sex sells baby!

ajflutie

n00b
First Impressions

As weird as this might sound, I am just really grateful to have this game. We finally have an updated KOF and I am very pleased with it. It is great to play something new after 6 years of waiting.

Graphics could be better, im hoping maybe when the PS4 Pro comes out they release a graphic update like some games are planning to do.

Game play I think it plays a tad slow, but still good.

I love that Geese and Tung Fu are on the roster being the Fatal Fury fanatic I am.

Over all, great game to add to the series! I wish Rock Howard would get added, he's never been in a main series KOF just impact 1/2.

Last edited:

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
Ready for some Ash DLC and Rock. Would love to see Yashiro, Shermie and Chris though.

At the very least, how about more colors for the characters?

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
At the very least, how about more colors for the characters?
I think they need to be careful on the colors. The reason they are so difficult to implement is that they need to QA it to be sure that there's no case where the character can blend into the background. I've already run into a few instances on Geese's stage and the AOF stage where characters wearing black (like K') can vanish at times.

I just got a PS4 slim and I played the Demo today and I wanted to buy it today but in Deutschland the stores are all closed on Sunday hopefully I still want it tomorrow.
I have a proper SEGA factory manufactured knockoff Saturn Pad that works on my PS3, but doesn't work on my PS4 as far as I can figure out, anyone know if I can make it work? I think it is recognised as a PS3 stick is recognised. Would be great with this game! Cheers!

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Not sure if the demo got updated with this, but the final game has legacy controller support in its options menu (alloying you to use ps3 sticks). You may want to give it a shot.

snkjoe

New Challenger
Looks like a ps3 game but the game play is pretty good idk if I want to buy it or wait for it to go on sale lol

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
so have ppl confirmed that the legacy driver is good on kof? are there confirmed sticks that work and dont work? Brother and me are gonna get some games this weekend and need to see if the ps3 cthulhu board works on it and if the ps2 to ps3 inpin work with it