KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I wish the proceeds from this game could fund the development of more DLC in KOF XIII.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
and a week ago was the announcement that SNK would be focusing on pachinko slot title development. Do the ass hats left at SNK even know day to day wtf there job scope is other than to occupy a small set of cubicles week to week and chain smoke cigarettes?

I share the frustration but everyone wants a piece of pachinko pie

http://calvinayre.com/2013/06/17/bu...japan-hits-379-727-billion-yen-in-april-2013/
In April of this year, sales from pachinko reached 379.727 billion yen, the fourth straight month that revenues have increased significantly based on year-on-year numbers. Comparing April 2013′s sales figures to April 2012, total sales from pachinko machines improved to 265.9 percent, a trend that began this year with the introduction of more pachinko machines in the country.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I share the frustration but everyone wants a piece of pachinko pie

http://calvinayre.com/2013/06/17/bu...japan-hits-379-727-billion-yen-in-april-2013/
In April of this year, sales from pachinko reached 379.727 billion yen, the fourth straight month that revenues have increased significantly based on year-on-year numbers. Comparing April 2013′s sales figures to April 2012, total sales from pachinko machines improved to 265.9 percent, a trend that began this year with the introduction of more pachinko machines in the country.

Pachinko is the dumbest shit that ever got shat out of japan's asshole.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
The stills don't look like complete shit but man, that trailer is ROUGH. I'll quietly hope that they pull it together but everyone who made KoF good has been gone for years if not decades.

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
Worst announcement ever! They did a good job with XIII, why this shit now?

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
:(
Still remember the Maximum impact series... Noooooo

I guess I'm the only one who didn't mind KOF 2006. I think one of the Taito X2 exclusive releases wasn't too bad, either.

Jon

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
When has a game every improved greatly, graphically or otherwise, from it's announce trailer to final release? Especially an SNK game...

Nah, that's what it will look like, stiff 3D animation and all.

Doesn't mean it won't play well. Might be a lot of fun, but what you see is likely what you're gonna get.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
I guess I'm the only one who didn't mind KOF 2006. I think one of the Taito X2 exclusive releases wasn't too bad, either.

Jon
comparing to this announcement the Type X2 games were brilliant, awesome, fantastic, prestige, marvelous.......

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
vvGTiyU.jpg

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Looks like shit but what did we expect from a pachinko company?

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I think this is better than nothing. It's more than I expected. I honestly never expected any games from them again. Especially on a console level. It sucks they abandoned the awesome art from the previous games, and sucks even more that they're making "Maximum Impact 3" out of this.....but I'll still buy it and love it.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
The stiff 3D animations and the weird J-Pop mannequin faces are what's killing me. The rest of it at least looks adequate.

For an initial announcement trailer I expect a lot more.

Still very early on, but I'm more scared than excited, which is a first for KOF.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Lets face it, anything coming out of SNKP nowadays is not going to be anywhere close to the work that came out of the SNK heyday.

I'm glad it's not another pachinko announcement but it's not going to get me to run out and but a PS4 either.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Honestly they shouldn't even bother. I would have been happier if KOF was just canned after XIII.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I am confident that the gameplay will be good. Too bad it looks so bad. The character models look like some royalty free poser download. I'm not digging the costume designs at all. Reminds me of the horrendous MI alts.

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
No 2D sprites wtf !? Really if they want it in 3D they should have follow arc system works example on GG XRD.
Can't agree more. XRD is so nice to look at. They should just hire arc to do it for them. Would love to see all the classic SNK fighters done like this.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Oh man.... :crying:

My first reaction when I saw the headline was "FUCK YEAH!!!!!!" but after seeing the game....wow. That's not what I expected, pachinko or no pachinko.

I too was thinking they'd go the "Xrd" route but this is full-on "Maximum Impact" 3D, it seems. At least visually. And as everyone else already pointed out, the characters look bad, animate worse and fight in front of a lifeless background. Compare this to the look of classic KOF....or better, don't.

Well, I'm part of the problem for I will very likely buy it, and who knows, maybe the game will improve significantly. But it really sucks to ponder what could have been....."KOFXIII" was so awesome....