KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I can't decide if I am happy or not. I'm kinda worried his timing is going to feel off like CVS2. Watched the trailer a few times trying to see. Just have to wait I guess.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I think he looks great. I'm really surprised they didn't give him some shitty redesign out of a korean night club.

His gameplay looks perfect and straight from garou.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
I'm glad they no longer care about the timelines. Let's get some last blade characters in this too. why not right?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I still find that hilarious since he was the most popular character in MOTW. Yes, his cancels were nowhere near as good as some of the other characters, but he still had decent tools. The way they put it is like he's f'n Sean in 3rd Strike.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
So what's the total cost of entry for this game? How many dlc characters are here in all at what price plus game etc.??

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Depends where you get it. Amazon is selling the game for $40. That's with 50 characters to start out with. You can buy skins for $3 a piece 6 total as of right now. Then the DLC characters are $6 a piece 4 total when the update drops April 4th.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
It would be nice if there were a 4 character bundle for like $20. I am glad the only skins I really cared about are free, except Iori. I need to really sit down and learn this game more. So overwhelming with the 50+ characters and figuring out a lot of their combos. I mostly have been playing Dark Souls 3 dlc, Nioh, Resident Evil 7, etc... Too many games on my plate.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
C8T3BC3UMAAU1Cu.jpg

April Fools, it seems.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Bought the bundle, characters show as installed, can't select them.

What am I missing?

EDIT: Never mind. Apparently, the characters won't go live until the patch does, and they're still waiting on approval for the patch.

Last edited:

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
its crazy that they changed the life totals for characters. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. It almost seems like a lazy way to balance the cast, but time will tell.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Only had an hour to screw with it but got some time in with Rock and Yamazaki.

Rock feels pretty good but feels like his moves aren't very safe. The dash behind into throw really doesn't work. It's super easy to stop anybody from throwing you. However they changed the motion for the throw to HCB,F + P. Plus it has more throw range so it works better just throwing it out raw. Double Reppu Ken is EX. The rest feels pretty much the same though it feels like the usual Garou shenanagins won't work here.

Yamazaki feels easier to play then Rock. He has more priority and feels safer. They got rid of the knife or at least I didn't see it but gave him a command motion throw. The supers feel really good. Going crazy on the buttons for the Neo Max is nice. His normals have great range and f + P or K usually produces a new move that tends to act much differently the normal P or K. Other then that pretty standard.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Rock feels pretty good but feels like his moves aren't very safe. The dash behind into throw really doesn't work. It's super easy to stop anybody from throwing you.

I haven't tested this with Rock, but you can utilize the new Reversal Recording tool to create frame traps with his dash move variations and dash behind follow ups:

From what I tried of him, he was solid all around.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
At the risk of looking like a total n00b, what is a hurtbox compared to a hitbox? Is it the defined area where a character receives an attack vs giving it?

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
At the risk of looking like a total n00b, what is a hurtbox compared to a hitbox? Is it the defined area where a character receives an attack vs giving it?

A hurtbox is the portion of a character that can be attacked when that character is preforming a move. So like if you do step kick (forward + B) with Benimaru, he has no lower body hurtbox, so because of this it goes through, or over low attacks.

A hitbox is the actual point of where an attack you preform hits an opponent. Usually its slightly bigger than the actual models attack. So like a stand B. will actually hit slightly pass the tip of the foot

17_blog08.jpg

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Gotcha. That's what I thought, but that explains it more clearly. Thanks!

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Dear SNK,

You have failed miserably in your implementation of better netcode. I do not say this lightly, but whoever was in charge of this new patch of better netcode should be fired. They just cost you millions of dollars in sales. Rock Howard was your big chance to turn everything around. There isn't a character you could bring back that has the clout Rock Howard has. Capcom couldn't have fucked up more then they have right now in bringing DLC characters nobody gives a fuck about. This was your chance and like 2012 when you had the hype of EVO Finals spurning sales you once again fail to fix a glaring problem.

There is no fucking excuse a 4 bar match with someone on the same internet provider within driving distance plays like utter garbage. None whatsoever. Yet you continue to astound everyone in your lack of care in implementing a good netcode. Maybe now is the time to hire someone who knows how to do this, or not. It's your millions being flushed down the toilet right now.