KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I am looking forward to getting back into KoF14, I held off buying any of the original DLC as I generally don't tend to buy that sort of stuff these days but if they bring out a bundle with all of the previous content thrown in I might be tempted to pull the trigger to get a complete version of the game. It's really nice to see SNK supporting this game more, even though it didn't feature at EVO. I would love to see some more stages added from previous entries in the series, was there any word on more stages along side these new characters?

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
There will likely be a new stage with the last character (along with Najd's new stage). It's not confirmed, but we got 2 stages last year, and I expect the same this year.

There is already a sale on last year's DLC bundle on PSN that's probably ending in 2 days. The stages are free and don't require buying the characters. Not sure about the steam version.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Blue Mary is cool but part of me kind of wished we got B.Jenet from MOTW as teased on twitter, still at least we have Rock. Great set of new DLC characters in any case and I reckon I'll get the set and give this game another blast.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Do we have a firm release date for the new characters yet?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
We had a local event and I got to try ver 3.0 in a panel there yesterday:

Aside from the new buildings in Geese' stage, I didn't notice any change in the other backgrounds (the stadium, the aquarium, the church, neogeo land japan stage, iori's stage and Tung's china stage).

Najd and Heidern seemed very fun to play. Didn't try Oswald.

Aside from the reported gameplay changes, I didn't find any other major differences. Didn't go in depth with the characters since tge panel had dpads only with no practice mode. The only things I noticed were Whip's crouch HP (her sweep) was much faster and Robert hcb HK version kicks cause knock down.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Forgot to mention:

Heidern's Storm Bringer damage / health gain is fixed (no difference with mashing)

His level 3 DM doesn't drain health

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member

We had a tournament last week in Oman with the top players in the region.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I forgot this was even on Steam. One less reason to turn on the PS4.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Not really sure in which thread to post this, but KOF13 is now Backward Compatible with XBox One.