KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Are any other 6-player fighting games with teams? If KoF can "own" this model, I can see this or a future KoF being popular with tournament culture for years to come. That may not drive mass market sales, but it's not going to hurt and the niche will prosper.

I always wondered what it'd be like to use 3D models with a. . . "2D frame style" cutting out the inbetweens. Perhaps this is common now, or has been for a long time.

Shanadria

New Challenger
Its pretty simple : Good gameplya, good netcode > good game. The nostalgic effect will be enough to stop the "Ps1 graphic" issue xDDDD

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I think he meant that gameplay and netcode lead to a good game.

DPCameron

n00b
I'm really late to this news of a new KOF. I saw the trailer last week and... yea, I think my reaction is the same as most others. In fact, I thought Gackt had made another game.

It seems to be playing fine, but that look... Can anybody think of a crappy looking fighter they enjoy? I'm struggling, but I don't play 3D fighters much.

Even with that look, I'm quietly optimistic for this.

DPCameron

n00b
Street Fighter EX series. Tekken Tag (Arcade), Rival Schools/Project Justice, MvC2 (backgrounds, music, & sprites look horrific next to backgrounds)

OOOH! Street Fighter EX, well done there. That and its sequels were pretty damn good, but did look arse.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Zero interest. Tekken and VF are the two 3D fighters that were designed from the ground up to be 3D fighters. KOF is a 2D game and was designed to be so.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Zero interest. Tekken and VF are the two 3D fighters that were designed from the ground up to be 3D fighters. KOF is a 2D game and was designed to be so.

agreed.and we have the maximum impact games to prove it.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
agreed.and we have the maximum impact games to prove it.

Maximum Impact proves nothing because it tried to have 3d qualities like Street Fighter EX, Battle Arena Toshinden, or Samurai Shodown Sen. KOF XIV is the 2.5D style that is in 3D, but plays strictly 2D. I'm not saying it will be good, but expecting it to suck because it isn't sprite based is a little silly considering most 2D fighters now no longer use sprites.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Maximum Impact proves nothing because it tried to have 3d qualities like Street Fighter EX, Battle Arena Toshinden, or Samurai Shodown Sen. KOF XIV is the 2.5D style that is in 3D, but plays strictly 2D. I'm not saying it will be good, but expecting it to suck because it isn't sprite based is a little silly considering most 2D fighters now no longer use sprites.

GG and SF4 is more then enough proof that it can work.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member

oh no,sorry.what i meant was that the maximum impact games prove that the king of fighters works only in 2d.

spoonz

Quiz Detective
I initially wrote off this game but after watching the gameplay from PSX and reading the gameplay notes from some more experienced players I'm beginning to like what I've seen (minus the obviously terrible graphics)

I really hope the leaked roster has some truth behind it and Geese returns as a playable character.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
oh no,sorry.what i meant was that the maximum impact games prove that the king of fighters works only in 2d.

Oh dude, tell me about it. FF7 on PS1 also proves that rpgs will never look good in 3d either.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The King of Fighters XIV at Taipei Game Show

SNK Playmore’s Official KOF Facebook account, KOF World posted that The King of Fighters XIV will have a playable demo at the Taipei Game Show that will be held from January 29 to February 2.

Most likely, the characters at the PlayStation Experience will be playable plus perhaps new characters that may be shown at the next trailer.

Expect a new trailer or two within this month.

Source: KOF World

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I think this game is gonna be great. It has amazing model animation, the fluidness is real cool. I'm curious to see it during further development. Plus, 50 characters? I'll be grabbing it.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
That leaked list seems pretty official, but I'm hoping against all common sense that its a troll and the game comes out with American Sports team, Oswald, Silber and Vanessa (Along with Smart Chang and Cool Choi as costume alts).

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The King of Fighters Anime And Live-Action TV Drama Announced

190f69fb_thumb.jpg