Virtual Boy - Hyper Fighting

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Anyone else on here able to purchase the Hyper Fighting cart? I was wondering if anyone else's sound clicks or maybe it's my Virtual Boy dying on me, which might be a red/black nightmare. The game is the shit though, very well made.

whkm5bk3rkbcyd0goucn.jpg

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I bought a VB really cheap at a Wal*Mart clearance like 20 years ago and have hardly played it. Came with Mario Tennis which was fun.. I had teleroboxer I got cheap at Kmart but sold it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i am curious how you went about getting on the list for this one. I dont follow VB as much as i used to. Got a flashcart, so all these releases are a little less interesting.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
I've played through it a few times. I don't recall any clicking, but it may b specific to your Virtual Boy.

darkkrisp

Cheng's Errand Boy
Oh wow. When I first seen an article about this I thought it was just a one off someone made. I didn't know any were made for sale. I just found out about bound high and checked eBay and ouch.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Oh damn I was hoping someone would make this. I have a Flashboy+ but a dedicated cart of this would be great. Tusker make these?

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Darkkrisp, uncletusk.com has(had) a Bound High cart for sale on his site.

There is a complete story about this release. A PlanetVB member actually paid a programmer a large sum of money to make the game for him. That user is even a special hidden character in the game. It uses a fighting engine created for VB. The programmer even designed the boxes, etc. Uncletusk helped out and the boxes/manuals etc. you see in the picture is all the work of that programmer, just printed by Uncletusk.

Wyeth

n00b
Wow....I never thought this would be possible on the VB. I would love to get a copy too.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
I don't even have a VB but I'd love to have a copy of that one lol.

darkkrisp

Cheng's Errand Boy
Darkkrisp, uncletusk.com has(had) a Bound High cart for sale on his site.

There is a complete story about this release. A PlanetVB member actually paid a programmer a large sum of money to make the game for him. That user is even a special hidden character in the game. It uses a fighting engine created for VB. The programmer even designed the boxes, etc. Uncletusk helped out and the boxes/manuals etc. you see in the picture is all the work of that programmer, just printed by Uncletusk.

Must of missed it. It says out of stock

darkkrisp

Cheng's Errand Boy
Does anyone know if this will work on a flash cart? Ive been trying to access the virtual boy forum that I googled that might have some for sale (I think planet VB) but the website keeps giving me a DB error and wont come up. I think the flash cart is 16MB but I believe this game is 32mb.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
There is no rom for the full game, just the 16MB demo. The flash cart is 16MB. Demo will work.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Oh wow. When I first seen an article about this I thought it was just a one off someone made. I didn't know any were made for sale. I just found out about bound high and checked eBay and ouch.

Holy shit is that right? I only saw one copy up on feebay and the person is asking $1200. WTF?!

darkkrisp

Cheng's Errand Boy
Damn. They had a copy on eBay but it went past my limit and sold for $700

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
Anyone else on here able to purchase the Hyper Fighting cart? I was wondering if anyone else's sound clicks or maybe it's my Virtual Boy dying on me, which might be a red/black nightmare. The game is the shit though, very well made.

Awesome. This is actually the first time I have heard of this game.

I purchased a Virtual Boy about a year ago and have only played Mario Tennis...

I just watched a video of it on youtube and it looks good.

Where did you get your copy from?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Been playing this quite a bit, really fun game, kudos to the guys who made this happen.

Now all we need is for the VB Link cable to be reproduced.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
Been playing this quite a bit, really fun game, kudos to the guys who made this happen.

Now all we need is for the VB Link cable to be reproduced.

Last I knew there was talk of making adapters that would work with a standard ethernet cable with a piece on each end that plugs into the virtual boy.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah, but I'm not aware of any game that has Linkplay. I thought Tennis had supposed plans, but I've never seen any actual linked play.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Awesome. This is actually the first time I have heard of this game.

I purchased a Virtual Boy about a year ago and have only played Mario Tennis...

I just watched a video of it on youtube and it looks good.

Where did you get your copy from?

I got it from the source.