Super Mario Maker

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I just uploaded a pretty difficult level, some good precision jumps, and a few options for tackling the last section. Short and sweet. Check the Neo Geo logo comment on the first jump.

"Leaps of Faith"
C095-0000-003C-DA67

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Trollbox was two lines of code. You saw what happend. :keke:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
0ED6-0000-003D-FACD

A bit easier this time. Precision jump for great rewards!

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
0ED6-0000-003D-FACD

A bit easier this time. Precision jump for great rewards!

That was a decent one. I think I got all the jumps for shroom and fireball, finished with star power.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
As of this morning, no one in the world has cleared these yet out of 200 tries. My son is an evil level maker.

B7F0 0000 002A 5161

E984 0000 0031 D731

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
As of this morning, no one in the world has cleared these yet out of 200 tries. My son is an evil level maker.

B7F0 0000 002A 5161

E984 0000 0031 D731

is there a rule that requires you to pass a level before you can post it?
not accusing your kid of posting something he made but couldn't beat (I guess I actually really am by asking tho. Sorry!), which would be like calling him dishonest right?
:drool: I'll never be good at this.

Last edited:

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
is there a rule that requires you to pass a level before you can post it?
not accusing your kid of posting something he made but couldn't beat (I guess I actually really am by asking tho. Sorry!), which would be like calling him dishonest right?
:drool: I'll never be good at this.

You have to beat it from start to finish before you can upload it. He and I both have beaten these.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I just cracked mine open tonight. Havent made any levels yet. I wanted to see what's out there for a little inspiration before taking a crack at it.

From what I've played, people are either sticking to basic Mario insipration others are going for stupid unintuitive design. Without a doubt the cream will rise to the top as people get more acclimated to the tools.

As for slopes and other things, I'm sure Nintendo will add to the game .

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
My partner made an interesting concept level:
BD90-0000-0040-6140

I made a little standard level, starring Peach:
DE9F-0000-0024-3BC7

I love all the nods to Mario Paint. That game was truly magical when I was very young artist.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Went ahead and bought it. Waiting for the download code to be emailed to me. Looking forward to checking out levels people here made.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
5584d3e466532f14b19f80467576cb0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
This is overpriced. It should be a $40 game at most.

I agree with this. I enjoyed it enough to play around to unlock the tools and build some levels. And I also played through the 10 Mario stages seven times to unlock the (impossible for me) championship stages...but I feel like that's about all there is to the game now. I got at most two days of actual use out of it before it started to wear thin. Hopefully there will be some updates for it in the future to add some extra stuff.

(I did like being able to add wings to nearly everything...)

Last edited:

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
My partner made an interesting concept level:
BD90-0000-0040-6140

I made a little standard level, starring Peach:
DE9F-0000-0024-3BC7

My son and I played your partner's sadistic level. It took me over an hour to beat it. That level is what SMM is all about! Your Peach level was pretty cool. But back to your partner's level, we almost threw the gamepad through the window.

Last edited:

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
My son and I played your partner's sadistic level. It took me over an hour to beat it. That level is what SMM is all about! Your Peach level was pretty cool. But back to your partner's level, we almost through the gamepad through the window.
My partner was flattered that you enjoyed the level. He was workshopping it for a couple days and had me beta test it for him before he posted it, so he really hoped it would be fun and challenging.

Thanks for playing my level! I'm glad you liked it. I guess my design sense is pretty standard; I loved the old 2-D Marios, and what I really wanted was more of the same with a bit of challenge. I am working on a couple more whimsical concepts right now, too. We look forward to trying your son's levels!

I ran across a really excellent SMB3 airship stage the other day, and I'll have to post the code here later. (SMB3 is narrowly my favorite Mario game, followed by SMW.)

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
My partner was flattered that you enjoyed the level. He was workshopping it for a couple days and had me beta test it for him before he posted it, so he really hoped it would be fun and challenging.

Thanks for playing my level! I'm glad you liked it. I guess my design sense is pretty standard; I loved the old 2-D Marios, and what I really wanted was more of the same with a bit of challenge. I am working on a couple more whimsical concepts right now, too. We look forward to trying your son's levels!

I ran across a really excellent SMB3 airship stage the other day, and I'll have to post the code here later. (SMB3 is narrowly my favorite Mario game, followed by SMW.)

So far, your partner's level is the only one that we've actually downloaded after playing. Keep'em coming! I've always struggled between SMB3 and SMW as my favorites. But it's just gotta be SMW, even though I have more nostalgia with SMB3. My sons levels are pretty fun. So far a couple hundred tries online for each and either zero or 1 clear. lol

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Just made a super mario world airship level, let me know what you think.

1449-0000-0059-078F