Super Mario Maker

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
This game has completely captivated me. The custom levels uploaded by players is endless fun. We've spent hours making our own too.

My son made a really hard level. I thought I was going to kill him I was so frustrated. But I finally beat it. You can search for it:

A280 0000 0032 B326

I was so proud when I finished it.

Agent_Cooper did well.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I should get into that, been lying around here for two days...
I'm afraid sooner or later the online part will be flooded with those shitty "kaizo" levels.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Picked it up for my nephews, it's pretty fun.

My gripes:

1. Why isn't everything unlocked from the start? You don't have access to create SMB3 or SMW type games until later.
2. There's no underwater levels unless you make the whole thing underwater, there are no lava or water tiles.
3. Everything has a drop shadow, it's a really minor issue but it annoys the shit out of me because you still see it even on a black background.
4. No slopes.

Other than that, the game has been pretty fun.

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
I can't wait to pick up this game. All the reviews I have read and videos I've seen look great and looking forward to playing the levels everyone comes up with.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
This is overpriced. It should be a $40 game at most.

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
This is overpriced. It should be a $40 game at most.

For the amount of content included in the game, the insane amount of replay value from downloading and level design, and amiibo support make it easily worth $60.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
This game REALLY makes me want a WiiU!!!!!!

...and some of the other awesome looking games. But really, this game could be unlimited fun.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
This game REALLY makes me want a WiiU!!!!!!

...and some of the other awesome looking games. But really, this game could be unlimited fun.

There hasn't been a better time to buy a Wii U than now. Even without another price drop, it still pays for itself in fun. I bought mine November last year, and I haven't regretted it at all.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Picked it up for my nephews, it's pretty fun.

My gripes:

1. Why isn't everything unlocked from the start? You don't have access to create SMB3 or SMW type games until later.
2. There's no underwater levels unless you make the whole thing underwater, there are no lava or water tiles.
3. Everything has a drop shadow, it's a really minor issue but it annoys the shit out of me because you still see it even on a black background.
4. No slopes.

Other than that, the game has been pretty fun.

No slopes? Wtf? Why would they leave that out?

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Dunno, maybe DLC later?

Also you can't do vertical levels only horizontal.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
You can't cure cancer with it either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Hopefully Super Mario Maker will put an end to the ocean of shitty SMW hacks.

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Game is tons of fun. Nintendo should have released this when the wii u came out, would have really helped the sales.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
test of mine:
E6C2-0000-0031-0D5E

just fucking around for now. I wish it had more stuff to build with at the beginning.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
test of mine:

E6C2-0000-0031-0D5E

just fucking around for now. I wish it had more stuff to build with at the beginning.

My son and I just played your level. Great fun Dr. Well done. It took him 10 tries. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
This worth the price of admission for a Wii U?

The Wii U is easily the best console out of the bunch. I think Super Mario 3D World is the worth the price of a Wii U. Mario Kart 8, as well. I haven't played the new Mario Party yet, but many people say the same things about that. You also have Smash Bros if you're into that, Bayonetta 2, and cool titles like the NES Remix games. There's no reason to not have a Wii U if you love games, man.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
This worth the price of admission for a Wii U?
Platinum Games is worth the price of admission. Best version of Bayonetta 1, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, and the upcoming Star Fox.

Smash 4, MK8, Mario Maker, NSMB U, SM3DL, Kirby, Xenoblade X, and DKC:TF are just gravy.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
How can a padded laundry list like that not include Pikmin 3?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Man, they really gotta drop the price on the Wii U tho. I'll end up with one tomorrow :/

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
B033-0000-0032-0A5D
1F2C-0000-0031-CA8D

My first couple of uploads are much more straight forward than Shrooms. I'm going to have to step up my game.

Edit: Just tried to search for Shelin's son's upload and it came up 'not found'. Wonder if the prudes at the big N deleted it due to the title?

Last edited:

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I'll check yours out. He uploaded again and added a second one.

Original with new name: A280 0000 0032 B326
Second One: B7F0 0000 002A 5161 (this one has had 187 online attempts with zero success. But we have both beat it)

Last one: E984 0000 0031 D731 (I cursed my kids but I beat it).

My son Agent_Cooper made all these

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Man, they really gotta drop the price on the Wii U tho. I'll end up with one tomorrow :/

They're like $200 used and $250 new. You're really missing out on quality titles, man. If you get Mario Kart 8, let me know and we'll spin some wheels.