Favorite stage in Samurai Shodown 2

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
There's so much eye candy in this classic fighting game that I was just wondering what everyone's favorite stages were? I think my favorite one is Nakoruru's stage with all the animals, trees and the waterfall. Sieger's stage is also pretty cool. It's dark and badass looking with the throne, imperial guards from Star Wars and the storm going on in the distance. Nicotine's Temple Mist stage is a good one too. I guess I like them all to some degree. How about you guys?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I always liked Galford's stage. The music and something about San Francisco in the mid 1800's seemed kinda cool

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I always like Nakorurus stage, as I try to slice her in half I front of her family. It's more fun in 3 though since they all cry afterwards.

o.pwuaioc

Crossed Swords Squire
Top 3 for me are Genjuro's stage, Jubei's stage, and Nicotine's stage. I just like that minimalist and eery vibes going on. I feel they best capture the Samurai spirit, too.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Sieger
tJaVhN9h.jpg

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Genjuro, Seiger and Charlotte's goofy wall painting.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Seiger and Genjuro stages.

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
Jubei and Galoford stages. All stages are just great, and I love the ost.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
FiHa6G6.png

One of my favorite stages across all neo games.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Pretty hard to pick a favorite because almost all of them have such great details. I'd propably pick Charlottes stage, that wall carpet is awesome. (the Alien head in the Genan stage also made me laugh the first time I saw it)

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
It was mentioned twice already, but I'm surprised not more than that.

Now that you said it, I really missed the target! :tickled:

Just spotted now.

It really needs more love tho!
Senjuro Kyoshiro stages are always nice too.
Tam Tam waterfall stage is beautiful too.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Pretty much every stage is super badass. I admit the stage I was most impressed by in Sam Sho 1 was remixed, sorta, and not for the better. Haohmaru/Ukyo's stage looked cooler in 1 than it does in 2.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Haohmaru/Ukyo's stage looked cooler in 1 than it does in 2.

Absolutely. Haohmaru's stage in SSI is nothing less than iconic. You can almost smell the bloodshed in this merciless sun. The redundant rhythm of the waves clashing, the sky with it's cleanest abstract blue colour... one could talk endless about it's quality. It's the best stage of the series and, arguably, the best ever created by Shin Nihon. Big words, I know, but look at it again and tell me that I'm wrong ;).