Reverend179s MVS collection- brand new to Neo Geo.

qPRwUfq.jpg

hB8JSMD.jpg

My intro to this addiction. Picked it all up in a bundle for 600 bucks. The marquee light switcher board is shot, and I dont have keys to the marquee, but I still feel I got a deal. Not pictured are a 16-in-1 cart, puzzle bobble, Neo turf Masters, and King of The Monsters.

Last edited:

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
Very nice haul, beautiful 4 slot cab, and a great way to start off the mvs collection. Congrats and welcome!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
That's a good start, Puzzle Bobble and NTM are 2 great games. Pick up Metal Slug X and you're set!

I need to get some Metal Slug, Last Blade 2, Baseball Stars 2, and Mark of The Wolves and I'll be set for a long time. Got KOF 98 and Street Hoop incoming.

Few updates- have picked up Mark of the Wolves and Baseball Stars 2, with Windjammers, 3-Count Bount and Baseball Stars Professional coming in the mail. I got shelving set up to house everything, and lugged the beastie up the stairs very precariously to sit in my game room- it's new home.

2015-10-11 11.55.43.jpg

2015-10-11 16.13.56.jpg

Rolled my sleeves up and finally got the buttons and second player stick swapped out. Stick is a Sanwa JLF with a Kowal oversized actuator, and the buttons are IL competition short-shaft convex buttons.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Nice, Garou will keep you occupied for a long time. That cab looks better with bat-sticks though.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Congrats. Looks like you're off to a good start.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
He just needs JLW dust washers

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
oh man,now i'm so tempted of getting a full cab.

Nice, Garou will keep you occupied for a long time. That cab looks better with bat-sticks though.

I've got bat tops for the JLFs, but in order to fit them I either have to remove the shaft covers (which looks tacky) or cut them down, which I haven't done yet. Rest assured it will be done.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Nice cab, for that authentic USA feel, get some IL battops. I'm not saying JLF is bad by any means, but when I play Neo, it's always with battops on a cab. Personal opinion of course.

Nice cab, for that authentic USA feel, get some IL battops. I'm not saying JLF is bad by any means, but when I play Neo, it's always with battops on a cab. Personal opinion of course.

It already had happ sticks to begin with. I replaced them because I don't like them/have played thousands of hours on sanwa/hori parts. Authenticity, to me, is less important than ease and familiarity of use.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Very nice cabinet, looks to be in pretty good condition too! Lucky!

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
That's a nice looking 4-slot! I picked one up too not too long ago. You'll have a lot of fun collecting for the MVS. Nothing like playing on a real cabinet!

Strange question. What kind of monitor and chassis did yours come with? Just curious, because I'm trying to figure out if the monitor in mine is original or a replacement.

That's a nice looking 4-slot! I picked one up too not too long ago. You'll have a lot of fun collecting for the MVS. Nothing like playing on a real cabinet!

Strange question. What kind of monitor and chassis did yours come with? Just curious, because I'm trying to figure out if the monitor in mine is original or a replacement.

It's a Zenith EIA 1101, which I'm fairly sure was a bodge job at some point- the board is zip-tied to the chassis in a really gross manner. It's all getting pulled out and replaced with something nice and shiny soon.

2015-10-20 16.01.03.jpg2015-10-20 16.00.37.jpg

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks for the reply. Mine has the exact same tube and chassis. My research dug up that it's a Kortek. But I think mine has a bad flyback. If you're getting rid of that chassis, I'd buy it from you. I wouldn't mind trying the flyback (or just the whole thing) on mine to see if it works. I'll send you a PM.

Edit: If you need some other parts for that machine, I've got literally an entire arcade full of parts I can pull from. (I do repair work for the local arcade) Like the lower door and some new locks for your marquee etc.

Last edited:
If/when I do, you've got dibs. I've got the marquee locks, and the coin door. I'm missing the coin holder though.