I bought a broken TurboExpress and it's worse than I thought....

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
I had a recommendation to solder the caps to adjacent points but I'm not sure what those would be for different caps in different areas, are there any TG/PCE/TurboExpress gurus here?

EDIT: I'm currently sitting on a thread like this one on the PCEngineFX forums as well, and I'm pretty sure I'm just the annoying new guy there too.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Did it power on at all prior to you working on it?

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
Edit: the + point of CC503 is connected to ground, the negative side of the capacitor is the point just under the 1 of TP501, TP501 is on the underside

CC100 negative side of cap goes to ground and positive goes to the point just under the CC of CC100

Last edited:

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
Did it power on at all prior to you working on it?

The screen was black, no backlight, and the sounds WAS working via the headphone not and not through speakers. The previous owner nearly destroyed it with their soldering skills, and after I cleaned up some gunk I noticed a trace came up and now the sound doesn't work at all! :thevt:

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
Edit: the + point of CC503 is connected to ground, the negative side of the capacitor is the point just under the 1 of TP501, TP501 is on the underside

CC100 negative side of cap goes to ground and positive goes to the point just under the CC of CC100

Good god! Thank you so much, I'm going to get right on this as soon as I can! I really appreciate the help!