Where to Buy Component Jacks

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I would like to undertake a minor console modding project but can't figure out where to buy component (YPbPr) jacks now that Radio Shack went belly up. Can anyone point me in the right direction online?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
ebay and amazon are usually a good starting point for components. unless you have a proper electronics store near you.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I usually buy from Mouser, I can get you some part numbers when I get to a pc. The only thing with them is shipping, the jacks are like a dollar each but shipping is $7, all I usually buy a bunch of stuff at once when I can.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I usually buy from Mouser, I can get you some part numbers when I get to a pc. The only thing with them is shipping, the jacks are like a dollar each but shipping is $7, all I usually buy a bunch of stuff at once when I can.

i forgot all about them. i can echo the mouser sentiment.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Those are the ones, best panel mount jacks around

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I think I figured it out, but I'll wait for you to confirm:

568-NYS367-2 (Red)
568-NYS367-9 (White)
568-NYS367-6 (Blue)
568-NYS367-5 (Green)

edit: lol I guess I took too long looking them up. Thanks!

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
You really can't go wrong with Neutrik NYS.

I use them in my audio/hi-fi projects and are great.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Digi-key, Mouser, and Console5 is where I usually get them from. I'd go for the Neutrik ones, a lot more heavy duty. I had to order from Console5 because the time I needed them, Mouser didn't have all the colors I needed. Console5 ships out fast, as well.